Forum > Content > General > Series recordings not working on Sundance
Old 2017-08-07 , 23:54
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Series recordings not working on Sundance

I set a series recording for The Son awhile back but gave up on the series because by the time I noticed, a few episodes had already failed to record.

Taking this into account, a few weeks ago, I set a time-based recording for the next-day repeat of Fear the Walking Dead, due clashes with the regular airing slot, but fluctuating air times caused me to cancel that and try the series recording again. By a couple of hours before tonight's show, it had still not appeared on my scheduled recordings list and the record icon remained green. Same with tomorrow morning's repeat.

Are the series recording icons on Sundance just for show or are series recordings actually supposed to work?
Old 2017-08-08 , 06:34
Changes remote batteries daily

I have 2 series records on SundanceTV. And I must admit I have never had any problems with it at all. Fear the walking dead and talking dead

Explora
Old 2017-08-08 , 10:18

I have also not had any problems with series recordings on this channel (including The Son) but, like JeanP, I am using an Explora while I see you are not so it could be related to the specific EPG for your decoder.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-08-08 , 13:08

I believe it is. Tested some more and although the series recording sets normally, the programs never appear on the scheduled recordings list and the icon never turns red, despite the airing being only an hour or so away. Direct recordings do work though.

Another thing I noticed; when I pull up the info on any Sundance program, up in the right hand corner where the channel number and title appear, it reads "0" for the channel number and "F2640" for the channel title.

Time for MC to step in here. Sundance appears to be wrongly set up on my decoder (see sig), dunno about other older decoders. MC please investigate and get it fixed.
Old 2017-08-08 , 15:15

Hello

Series recording is enabled and is working on this channel. It looks like it might be a decoder issue. As a first step, have you rebooted your decoder?
Old 2017-08-09 , 09:25

Yes, since failing to series record The Son long ago, there have been several reboots. The strange "0 F2640" appeared on the channels program info pages immediately when the Sundance channel started and hasn't changed since.

Everything about the channel works normally and series recording gives the appearance of working but doesn't actually record anything.

If the channel loaded corruptly on my decoder, I don't see that I can do anything about it from my side?
Old 2017-08-09 , 12:07

Have you tried a manual reboot (not a MC initiated reboot)? We have found on the Explora that a manual reboot has different effects compared to the maintenance reboots. And have you tried re-scanning all transponders?
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-08-10 , 08:46
Changes remote batteries hourly

His decoder won't have daily maintenance reboots like the Explora, they're alone in that behaviour.
The re-tune may do the trick, but MC Trisan please note that there have been other reports of mixed up channels on a number of decoders in the last couple of weeks so perhaps BTD (MC's decoder section) needs to look at this thread too.
Old 2017-08-10 , 08:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
Have you tried a manual reboot (not a MC initiated reboot)? We have found on the Explora that a manual reboot has different effects compared to the maintenance reboots. And have you tried re-scanning all transponders?

Yes, done a few since Sundance. Did another yesterday to make sure but no series on last night so had to wait for tonight's Breaking Bad to come into range. It has not appeared on the scheduled recordings list and icon is still green. Not going to record.

As I said, I can do nothing from my side.

Anyone out there have the same decoder? Please confirm or deny my problem with it.
Old 2017-08-10 , 14:52

I've asked for this to be escalated to the decoder team. Apologies again.