Old 2017-07-30 , 12:43
Still gets up to change channels

I'm still having problems with many disconnections while downloading. On Friday I downloaded an episode of Beyond (in HD) over-night...nothing else was using my internet connection. It disconnected 8 times during the download. Seems to happen consistently every 5 minutes.
You would think that disconnections are not so bad because it does resume, however when watching the program the disconnection causes the viewing to jump back 10 seconds or so which is very annoying.
This is poor software design. You should not be appending to the existing partially downloaded file when an interruption occurs, but rather overwriting from the last checkpoint. The disconnections would then not have an impact on the viewing experience.

(Explora 2A connected via ethernet cable, ISP is Afrihost, 4Mbps DSL line)
Old 2017-07-31 , 13:12
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Grace View Post
Which ISP are you using for the fiber connectivity?
Also confirm the browser used? Safari or Chrome. As different formats are served to different browsers.
The channels you were having issues with or tested.
Web Africa
Safari
Can't recall the channel
Old 2017-08-01 , 20:32
Knows how to use a remote

still happening randomly. I am on 10meg FTH. I find that sometimes I can resolve it by rebooting the router or/and decoder.
I moved from cable between the router and explorea to WIFI but still happening
Old 2017-08-02 , 06:56
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I keep getting a message saying Disconnected but when I use the Connectivity Checker all have green ticks. There's nothing wrong with my Internet Connection as streaming from Showmax on the Explora works fine. Also streaming and downloading from Netflix or streaming from YouTube gives no problems at all.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Old 2017-08-02 , 14:05

So last night I watched another downloaded program (Falling Water) and every 5 minutes during playback, the viewing will scramble and replay the last 10 seconds or so. I assume this is caused by a disconnection during the download process. This happens fairly consistently every 5 minutes while viewing the content. Surely this cannot be a co-incidence? Is content downloaded in 5 minute chunks?
Old 2017-08-02 , 21:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Web Africa
Safari
Can't recall the channel
Hi Simon

Our tech team advised the issue was resolved.
Old 2017-08-02 , 22:21
Still listens to the wireless

Alright cool
Old 2017-08-02 , 22:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
So last night I watched another downloaded program (Falling Water) and every 5 minutes during playback, the viewing will scramble and replay the last 10 seconds or so. I assume this is caused by a disconnection during the download process. This happens fairly consistently every 5 minutes while viewing the content. Surely this cannot be a co-incidence? Is content downloaded in 5 minute chunks?
Hi Ermeric1 and @Silk

The relevant teams are investigating. Feedback will be posted once received.
Old 2017-08-11 , 15:28

Just to let you know, the disconnection issue has not improved. Still getting multiple disconnections during downloads. It also happens when streaming. As previously mentioned, this causes the viewing to jump back 10 seconds or so which is very annoying.
Old 2017-08-12 , 12:01
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Just to let you know, the disconnection issue has not improved. Still getting multiple disconnections during downloads. It also happens when streaming. As previously mentioned, this causes the viewing to jump back 10 seconds or so which is very annoying.
I agree! I am still getting the same disconnections and slow downloads.
Tags
catchup plus, download speed