Old 2017-07-03 , 09:34
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Hi JeanP,

We're sorry to hear that. Please delink and link the smartcard online and see if live streaming would be better.
Old 2017-07-03 , 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Hi there, pls accept our apologies - we were determining what the issue is. It seems that at the moment, there is a problem on DStv Now Catch Up on the web and on the app in that no new titles have loaded since Saturday. The teams are working on this and new titles should start appearing later today.

We think the underlying issue causing titles not to update is also causing the problems you are experiencing. So pls give it some time to this evening and then let us know if you are still experiencing the same problem.
I responded some time ago as requested and then was asked another question which I also responded to but then nothing from MC. Feedback is poor as usual. I thought we'd been through all this before and that you would improve on that front. Why apologize for the lack of feedback but then you just do it again?

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Old 2017-07-07 , 09:43
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerrycan View Post
I am not sure that this is completely resolved yet. For instance "Pure Genius" had no updates last week and only showed episodes 1 and 2 on DStv Now, although episodes 3 and 4 had aired on Tuesday already (Mnet City 115). I do see today that episode 3 is now appearing on catch-up, but episode 4 not yet
So on the DStv Now app, I am still only seeing episodes 1 and 2 of Pure Genius, while on the web version I'm getting episodes 1 - 3. The latest one should be episode 6, which aired on channel 115 on Tuesday already

Also, there are quite a number of shows/series/etc which show the channel as " dstv 100", instead of the correct channel name and number
Old 2017-07-11 , 16:37

OK, so tonight episodes 7 and 8 of Pure Genius will air on channel 115, but on the DStv Now app, still only episodes 1 and 2 are available on catchup (web users do get episodes 1, 2 and 3 though)

So I checked some other shows as well:
-Bull (channel 115): Episodes 3 and 4 on DStv Now catchup is only playing audio, but no video (on the web this seems to be working fine)
-Crazy Ex Girlfriend (channel 116): Episode 1 only audio on the app, episode 2 audio and video (on the web again, both play)
-Love at first kiss (don't judge me) (channel 116) Episode 3 has only audio and no video (on the web it's all good)
Also episode 4 is missing on the app while it is there on the web version

These are just a few shows that I checked... could somebody please look into this?
Old 2017-07-16 , 09:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerrycan View Post
OK, so tonight episodes 7 and 8 of Pure Genius will air on channel 115, but on the DStv Now app, still only episodes 1 and 2 are available on catchup (web users do get episodes 1, 2 and 3 though)

So I checked some other shows as well:
-Bull (channel 115): Episodes 3 and 4 on DStv Now catchup is only playing audio, but no video (on the web this seems to be working fine)
-Crazy Ex Girlfriend (channel 116): Episode 1 only audio on the app, episode 2 audio and video (on the web again, both play)
-Love at first kiss (don't judge me) (channel 116) Episode 3 has only audio and no video (on the web it's all good)
Also episode 4 is missing on the app while it is there on the web version

These are just a few shows that I checked... could somebody please look into this?
Hi amerrycan

So sorry for the delayed response.

I am checking with the relevant teams.

Once the teams respond, I will post back.
Old 2017-07-20 , 17:53
Still gets up to change channels

Ok, so it seems there's been an update in the version of the DSTV now PC Windows app. I used to get clean uninterrupted live TV and catch-up streaming, but no longer, as it is a stuttering affair, with 2 the screen darkening every 2 - 3 seconds for 3 - 4 seconds and the buffering logo running. I have checked my internet speed and it is currently running at almost 14Mbps. Netflix streams in HD and Amazon Prime in Ultra HD. What's up with this????
Old 2017-07-26 , 16:22

An update on my previous post about DStv Now Catch-up:

Pure Genius: The DStv Now app and the website shows only episodes 9 and 12 (11 and 12 were aired on Tuesday)
Bull: The DStv Now app shows only up to episode 5 (episode 6 was aired last week and episode 7 will be shown tonight). On the web it does have episode 6. Episode 3 still has audio only and no video on the app, although it will be expired in a few hours, so moot point I guess
Old 2017-08-12 , 14:39

I've been trying to download some shows today on the DStv Now app to watch later, but keep getting the (not so helpful) error: "Error. An error occurred"

I have tried all available episodes of the following:
The night of
Quantico
Bull
Outlander
Blue bloods
Celebrity apprentice

I am able to download: Bosch and Good karma hospital

Since some shows can download, it cannot be my internet connection or the app (I tried from different mobile devices as well on different connections using the latest app versions on iOS)

Can somebody from MC please fix this
Old 2017-08-12 , 15:11

I have 2 iPads registered. In CT I have an 8mb line, in Montagu a 4mb line

All I see upon tapping on the Play button is "an error has occured, please try again"

What does this mean please?
Old 2017-08-13 , 19:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynandd View Post
Ok, so it seems there's been an update in the version of the DSTV now PC Windows app. I used to get clean uninterrupted live TV and catch-up streaming, but no longer, as it is a stuttering affair, with 2 the screen darkening every 2 - 3 seconds for 3 - 4 seconds and the buffering logo running. I have checked my internet speed and it is currently running at almost 14Mbps. Netflix streams in HD and Amazon Prime in Ultra HD. What's up with this????
Hi wynandd

Sorry to keep you waiting - Are you still having issues with streaming? If so send us the App version, device model and confirm where you experiencing the problem.