Forum > Content > General > Series recordings not working on Sundance
Old 2017-08-10 , 16:13
4K, baby!

I too have tried to make series recording of The Son using my 2P decoder. Have noticed that this doesn't APPEAR to be working as I've missed an episode or two. Unfortunately I cannot say if this was due to a conflict with other recordings or a problem with the decoder. Perhaps worth MC looking to see if there is some sort of problem.
Old 2017-08-11 , 14:49
Knows how to use a remote

Hi Doug_Dread

Firstly it seems your installation does not cater for high band channels. This means that you will not be able to access the new channels that were launched recently. This will not cause the problem below ... it is just a note for the you to upgrade your installation.

Can you send me screen shots of the following:
- Menu > Information Central > Information Central
- Menu > Information Central > Hardware Status > DSD Status
- Menu > Information Central > Hardware Status > Loader Status
- Picture of Information bar when the decoder is tuned to that channel (108)

Can you also reboot the decoder and when it starts up, press OK on the Rescan popup?
Note that the Rescan popup will only appear if you have the latest version of software.

Thanks - Please PM me the details...
Old 2017-08-11 , 15:38
Changes remote batteries daily

Angry

MC Sandipa this problem has nothing to do with the installation but with how the channel was set up in older decoders. On my 2 HDPVR 2P decoders the channel appears as 0F2640 on the TV Guide. I think it's you on your side who should do some configurations on this channel. Rebooting won't solve this problem.

Supersport 8 does not have Supersport Active since 4 July 2017. I requested this to be fixed but in vain. These are the two main problems now. Please looking into this ASAP
*AV MultiBox for viewing TV1 on TV2 and TV2 on TV1
*Idling: 1 x 1131 (re-packaged) waiting for XV+
Old 2017-08-11 , 16:00
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Sandipa View Post
Hi Doug_Dread

Firstly it seems your installation does not cater for high band channels. This means that you will not be able to access the new channels that were launched recently. This will not cause the problem below ... it is just a note for the you to upgrade your installation.

Can you send me screen shots of the following:
- Menu > Information Central > Information Central
- Menu > Information Central > Hardware Status > DSD Status
- Menu > Information Central > Hardware Status > Loader Status
- Picture of Information bar when the decoder is tuned to that channel (108)

Can you also reboot the decoder and when it starts up, press OK on the Rescan popup?
Note that the Rescan popup will only appear if you have the latest version of software.

A little confusing... I thought my installation was fine. I have access to all the new channels including Sundance, as far as I know; unless some secret unannounced channels have crept in. All function 100% except Sundance where everything except series recordings, works fine.Yes I do get the rescan popup and have used it to no avail.

Just checked; when tuned into Sundance, program info pages show the correct "108 Sun HD" instead of "0 F2640" seen when accessing from anywhere else. Interesting.

Last edited by Doug_Dread; 2017-08-11 at 16:03. .
Old 2017-08-12 , 08:06
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Sandipa View Post
Attachments cannot *normally be sent by PM, so must be posted... or emailed.
(*There is a way, but can't recall it and it's not obvious.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_Dread View Post
A little confusing... I thought my installation was fine. I have access to all the new channels including Sundance, as far as I know; unless some secret unannounced channels have crept in.
Your signature just reveals that it will be a future issue, but certainly not related to this problem you're having.
If keeping the 4 tuner Pace then you'll need to upgrade your LNB to a SLNB or a quad and do away with the 2x6 MS altogether, but that's not expected to become a concern for a long time still.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-08-12 at 08:09. .
Old 2017-08-14 , 12:03
4K, baby!

Series recording seems to be correctly set up on the Explora but not on my 2P decoder. When going to "tv guide" and looking at the Sundance daily schedule not one of the shows has the series recording icon next to it. Or didn't when last I looked.

Oh, and don't tell me to try a reboot. This is something the decoder reqularly does on it's own accord.
Old 2017-08-15 , 09:13

Requested screen pics submitted and passed on to Tech Teams. Hoping for a solution soon.
Old 2017-08-16 , 09:49

This from MC Tech:

"From your screen shots I picked up that there is a configuration problem on our side."
"The configuration changes have been made."
"This was a configuration issue specifically for the HDPVR decoder models."

I tested overnight with Into the Badlands; Icon went red as soon as series recording was set; program immediately appeared on my scheduled recordings list; program recorded without any problems; job done.

Thanks MC Sandipa and Tech Strini for your help; hope everyone's HDPVRs will now run Sundance properly.