Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > BBCE (120) - Ads over programmes
Old 2015-08-18 , 18:35
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default BBCE (120) - Ads over programmes

BBCE (120) is currently broadcasting an episode of Pointless, which began around 18h10. Thus far (as of 18h30), advertisements have twice run over the programme: the first time, a sequence of third-party ads appeared without the channel ID, over a section of the programme; and the second time, ads beginning with the channel ID ran over the end of the break and into the following segment of the programme.

This is a recurring issue on this channel.

EDIT: It happened for the third time in this programme around 18h43.

Last edited by Terrence; 2015-08-18 at 19:27. .
Old 2015-08-18 , 21:26
Changes remote batteries hourly

Thanks for the heads-up Terrence, I will make a second recording of this episode tomorrow @ 09:47 in the hope that this issue has by then been corrected (doubtful), or that there are then no adverts as has usually been the case.
Unfortunately there are no other repeats scheduled in the next 2 weeks, then the BBC channel changes will happen so who know how others affected will / can resolve this.

For anyone else seeing this in time and trying to do the same - it's a further nuisance on the Explora, it doesn't want to allow for a second copy to be recorded of anything still in the Playlist unless you force it to with a Manual Record.

And besides the other thread about this, there's more elsewhere posted later that reveals that much or all of the rest of the evening had been ruined;

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenr View Post
DStv has lost the plot again.

All programs on 120 since about 18h00 today are interrupted midstream by advertisements. People are cut off mid sentence.

Last edited by Optimist; 2015-08-18 at 21:38. . Reason: Detail
Old 2015-08-18 , 21:55

Yes - every programme from (apparently - I did not witness this one myself) Deal Or No Deal onward was affected, with the exception (as far as I saw) of Would I Lie To You?. Since the problem recurred a few minutes into Mr Sloane thereafter, that looks to have been accident; not design. That's a problem ruining all but half an hour of what is now approaching five hours of programming.
Old 2015-08-19 , 07:33
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Happened during Miranda
Old 2015-08-19 , 09:58

It is now being attended to, see the other thread in General.
But as this has happened a number of times I'm not hopeful long term...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
...I will make a second recording of this episode tomorrow @ 09:47 in the hope that this issue has by then been corrected (doubtful), or that there are then no adverts as has usually been the case.
Didn't help, this repeat also had problems, and as far as most are prepared to make extra effort it means this episode is permanently lost in part

Last edited by Optimist; 2015-08-19 at 18:37. . Reason: My personal situation ended up different to most
Old 2015-08-19 , 17:52

Yes: the start of Pointless at 09h47 on 19 August was overrun. This means that every bit of new programming in a twenty-four hour period (Pointless twice, Mr Sloane, and the heavily trailed Miranda), other than EastEnders, was rendered unwatchable. And EastEnders, no doubt, was saved only by having no breaks and not usually having non-BBC ads preceding.

The lack of any response from MC on this issue is atrocious.

The lack of any real solution to this frequently recurring problem despite years of it - my own posts on this forum go back at least to 2012 - shows precisely the level of commitment this broadcaster has to its "premium" paying customers: none.
Old 2015-08-19 , 18:30

To compound issues, the breaks in this example program "Pointless" were timed differently between last night's and this morning's showings.
(As a result I'm probably the only one anywhere who made a successful plan in the end after all, thanks to some pre-planning, external recording & editing options, and quite honestly far too much effort.)

MC did at least respond in another related thread. It's BBC service that's got me concerned here, and perhaps lack of contractual ability to correct from this side.