Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > SBR info error with Westworld
Old 2016-10-03 , 18:34
Changes remote batteries hourly

Default SBR info error with Westworld

Something has gone very wrong with at least the Explora SBR coding for Westworld on 102 M-Edge.

I set a SBR for it a week ago.
It initially scheduled and then successfully recorded episode 1 this morning @ 03:00.
It also scheduled episode 2 for next Monday morning.

Sometime since I checked mid-morning, a SBR type scheduled event has been created for the same episode 1 this evening @ 21:00.
There are no errors reported anywhere.

Have never seen this before, nothing about it makes any sense.

I've since sorted it out manually.

Last edited by Optimist; 2016-10-03 at 19:12. .
Old 2016-10-04 , 07:21
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
It initially scheduled and then successfully recorded episode 1 this morning @ 03:00.
It also scheduled episode 2 for next Monday morning.

...a SBR type scheduled event has been created for the same episode 1 this evening @ 21:00.
There are no errors reported anywhere.

.... I've since sorted it out manually.
Me too on all of the above
Old 2016-10-04 , 09:05

I noticed more this morning.

Firstly, something else had seemed wrong - I can't say 100% for sure but in hindsight I think my scheduled event for recording the new Shameless E01 on M-Edge early this morning had additionally disappeared. I just didn't realise properly at the time but knew that something seemed to be missing.
The interesting thing is that if so it did somehow record anyway, so would then have come back at some stage.

Further, this morning the i-Plate is messed up with evening times on it and no third or further lines of info, and my maintenance reboot hasn't happened. However day 8 is in the EPG.
For this, based on occasional past behaviour I have to presume some sort of adjustment is therefore going on, I'm sure it will all be sorted out soon as usual.

EDIT: Just checked again, times have come right. If anyone else is having problems, a reboot should sort it out.

Last edited by Optimist; 2016-10-04 at 10:44. .
Old 2016-10-04 , 09:27
Changes remote batteries daily

Yes noticed something weird with westworld too. Watched episode 1 early in the morning deleted it, that evening it scheduled episode 1 at 21:00 also

Explora
Old 2016-10-04 , 16:28
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Hello

I've had a look at the events in question, there's no reason the Explora should have set a new recording for the repeat. Just to check, there isn't an exclamation mark next to the title on your recording list for the original recording?
Old 2016-10-04 , 16:32

Hi Trisan,

No, there was nothing like that. Can't check it more as it's past that event time now but there's been no further incident.
Old 2016-10-04 , 16:36
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Hi Trisan,

No, there was nothing like that. Can't check it more as it's past that event time now but there's been no further incident.
That is a strange one, please let me know if you see something like that again. My only guess is that the decoder regarded the original recording as incomplete or there was an signal error during the recording, which would usually trigger a recording of the next airing. But this is usually indicated with an exclamation mark.
Old 2016-10-04 , 16:43

Agreed, not normal behaviour at all and to add to it others had the same incident.

Will definitely send you a PM or post more if it reoccurs.
Old 2016-10-06 , 11:51
Changes remote batteries daily

My episode 1 also recorded twice so I am sure there must have been an issue with the episode information in the background?
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2016-10-06 , 13:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
My episode 1 also recorded twice so I am sure there must have been an issue with the episode information in the background?
It could be a previously undetected bug. There's more that's possibly related in another thread so it's still being looked into.