Old 2009-12-19 , 23:56
Still listens to the wireless

Default "E143-4 Home gateway HNA expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv G View Post
Since the last 1110 update I also get this error when taking my 1110 out of standby, i get the normal "Waiting for primary decoder..."
Then I get "E143-4 Home gateway HNA expired"
It only stays on the screen for a few seconds before the picture & audio comes on
Have you managed to resolve this error , I have 2 X 1110 decoders and the secondary 1110 always goves error when switched on.
Old 2009-12-20 , 09:31
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

Nope, it still gives me the same message just before it starts working
Old 2009-12-21 , 20:50
Still gets up to change channels

I have two HD PVRs and it makes no difference at all if the Primary Decoder is in standby mode or not - you still get the message, so I don't think it's the type of decoder that's the problem, but more a MC issue.
Old 2009-12-25 , 11:54
MultiChoice

It will always give that message when coming out of standby because it needs to re-establish communication with the primary decoder.
Old 2011-05-05 , 11:07
MultiChoice

P.S. That message should go away in about a minute, but it could take up to a half hour, depending on how long the decoder has been off. (Leaving it off for a month may e.g. require up to half an hour) - as it needs to acquire more keys before it can start working if it has been off for a long time.
Old 2012-04-03 , 08:48
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
....Thats the way the installer set it up, I would imagine its because tha A1110 is closer to the dish? (Would that even make a difference)?
No, makes no difference which is closest; the one good reason to keep the 1110 as the primary is if you want to take a simple decoder to a holiday home that only has a basic DSTV antenna with a single LNB.

In such a case the 1110 is perfect and needs to be the primary so as not to be waiting for a heartbeat when disconnected from its partner. Cheers, K.

Tags
e143-4