Old 2009-11-09 , 12:07
Still gets up to change channels

Default Failing Recordings

Hi There

I'm very new on the HD-PVR scene, so please excuse if I ask stupid questions. I have read a number of posts on this forum but could not really get an anwer to my problem. Hopefully someone here would be able to help me please...

I got my HD-PVR on Wednesday. It is running on a SAT-CR LNB which I installed in place of my original LNB. When the decoder started up for the first time I selected SAT-CR, did a re-scan and it worked. I then did a DSD upgrade to the latest software version.

My problem comes in when recording. Say a recording is currently running, and I change to the HD channel (170), the recording stops (showing a triangle with exclamation mark in it). I can record two standard channels at the same time while viewing a third, but the recordings fail when I switch to the HD channel.

Yesterday I looked at the setup of my HD-PVR and the network still shows DSTV-IS7, but the LNB type now shows UNIVERSAL. When I choose SAT-CR as the LNB type, the decoder complains that there is no signal coming into the set top box.

Further info which might be of help: The quality of the picture (be it standard channels or the HD channel) is perfect - I am very happy with this aspect. All other settings on the HD-PVR decoder are left as factory default except that I switched automatic standby on and we defined some favourite channels.

Any help in finding the cause to this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards
Old 2009-11-09 , 13:52
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Hi There

I'm very new on the HD-PVR scene, so please excuse if I ask stupid questions. I have read a number of posts on this forum but could not really get an anwer to my problem. Hopefully someone here would be able to help me please...

I got my HD-PVR on Wednesday. It is running on a SAT-CR LNB which I installed in place of my original LNB. When the decoder started up for the first time I selected SAT-CR, did a re-scan and it worked. I then did a DSD upgrade to the latest software version.

My problem comes in when recording. Say a recording is currently running, and I change to the HD channel (170), the recording stops (showing a triangle with exclamation mark in it). I can record two standard channels at the same time while viewing a third, but the recordings fail when I switch to the HD channel.

Yesterday I looked at the setup of my HD-PVR and the network still shows DSTV-IS7, but the LNB type now shows UNIVERSAL. When I choose SAT-CR as the LNB type, the decoder complains that there is no signal coming into the set top box.

Further info which might be of help: The quality of the picture (be it standard channels or the HD channel) is perfect - I am very happy with this aspect. All other settings on the HD-PVR decoder are left as factory default except that I switched automatic standby on and we defined some favourite channels.

Any help in finding the cause to this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards
(1) After a reboot or a return to factory defaults or a software upgrade the network settings revert back to the defaults and you have to check that SATCR option is selected all over again. then you have to rescan all networks.

(2) There are two connections coming from the SATCR LNB, the legacy port, and the SATCR port. make sure you have used the correct port on the LNB, and that the connection on the back of the decoder is to tuner 1 -- SATCR.

(3) When you replaced the LNB, did you make sure the skew angle orientation of the LNB was at least the same as the old LNB? It may be that the skew angle adjustment is out and you are not bale to pick up HOR polarised transponders properly = no recordings will happen.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2009-11-09 at 21:08. .
Old 2009-11-09 , 18:38
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
(1) After a reboot or a return to factory defaults or a software upgrade the network settings revert back to the defaults and you have to check that SATCR option is slected all over again. then you have to rescan all networks.

(2) There are two connections coming from the SATCR LNB, the legacy port, and the SATCR port. make sure you have used the correct port on the LNB, and that the connection on the back of the decoder is to tuner 1 -- SATCR.

(3) When you replaced the LNB, did you make sure the skew angle orinetAtion of the LNB was at least the same as the old LNB? It may be that the skew angle adjustemnt is out and you are not bale to pick up HOR poloarised transponders peoperly = no recordings will happen.
Thanks for the prompt reply Geoff

I checked out which port on the LNB I was using. This is where my problem was. I connected to the UNIVERSAL port and not to the UNICABLE port (this is how they are labelled on the Inverto LNB). Really dof mistake from my side, and I was sure I double checked this before I got off the ladder.

Needless to say, I tested it and everything works perfectly now.

Kind regards
Rhino
Tags
lnb, sat-cr