Forum > Decoders > Installation > "Nothing has changed" in my installation -- 3 1/2 years on .....
Old 2016-10-07 , 13:57
4K, baby!

Default "Nothing has changed" in my installation -- 3 1/2 years on .....

3 1/2 years ago I generated this little thread to show how susceptible our installations are to the harsh SA climate......

http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=19058

Well nothing has changed still and yet everything still changes slowly!

I've been experiencing some technical issues with my installation this week, pixelation varying signal strength, odd decoder messages; meanwhile there has been some waterproofing carried out on our communal roof.

So today I went to have a look, even though I hate ladders !

Attached are a couple of pictures showing how badly the replacement cables have aged in 3 1/2 years. Sure the artisans may have disturbed them, but they would have failed in any case on the arrival of the first rains.

So the message is the same as before -- Check your installation at the first signs of problems. Do this before blaming MC or the software or anything else.

Over half the technical issues responded to by the regulars on the forum turn out to be installation related. Makes you think! Doesn't it?

Cheers, K.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cables-1.jpg (147.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Cables-2.jpg (133.1 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2016-10-07 at 14:02. .
Tags
cable, lnb, pixelation, signal deterioration, sunshine