Forum > Content > Sport > World Cricket
Old 2017-07-18 , 12:18
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
What is this? National beating Beetle day(s)? Orange II, Citanul and Optimist all having a go at poor defenseless Beetle who, following a post by OrangeII, simply stated something in his defence. Besides, what I said before surely gets overwritten by any later comment? Like this latest one of mine.

Here I was thinking I had FRIENDS on the forum
Ah, but if we weren't your friends we'd be extra-polite to you and not give you abuse.

And for the record, I did defend you against Optimist.
Old 2017-07-18 , 12:21
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Will now see what further abuse Beetle receives. Citanul? Orange? OPTIMIST!!!!!?
referee - beetle.jpg

Why is my name in CAPS?! It's not just me, I think you like bullying me
Old 2017-07-18 , 19:00
Knows how to use a remote

Let's see how the remainder of the test series goes now that the real captain is back in the saddle..
(Any predictions anybody??)
Old 2017-07-19 , 09:37
Changes remote batteries daily

The women's team lost the semi-final to England. The bowlers did well to take the match to the last, although they made it tough for themselves by conceding 25 extras, but there were just never enough runs on the board to begin with. Still, the team can be proud of their efforts in England, unlike a certain other limited overs team which hails from these parts...
Old 2017-07-19 , 11:29
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citanul View Post
The women's team lost the semi-final to England. The bowlers did well to take the match to the last, although they made it tough for themselves by conceding 25 extras, but there were just never enough runs on the board to begin with. Still, the team can be proud of their efforts in England, unlike a certain other limited overs team which hails from these parts...
Never expected much from our women's team but they did very well to get to the semi finals and then did equally well to only go down by two wickets with two balls to spare. They can return home with their heads held high. Well done to the team.

Citanul, I did notice that you supported me against that scoundrel Optimist and for this I thank you.

Quote [RNDM Let's see how the remainder of the test series goes now that the real captain is back in the saddle.].

Well we do have the "momentum" with us going into the next test don't we? Can never understand why the commentators keep on coming up with this dumb, to my way of thinking, statement. England had all the momentum with them going into the last test and what good did it do them. I will however admit that it seems as if England have all the problems at the moment. But could it be that they just played badly and not up to their true potential in the last test? As for a prediction? I expect England to perform a lot better while we perhaps may have played at close to our best in the last test. Rabada back for Olivier, which will strengthen our bowling attack will possibly be the only change.

So, although I expect a better performance from England, I'll go with a Protea's victory by about 74 runs or 3 wickets. (Now watch England win by an innings and a good few runs )
Old 2017-07-19 , 11:39
Knows how to use a remote

Bet the Oval will be flatter than ever, especially after what our bowlers did to them last test and with Rabada to come back. On the last tour after Hash made his triple hundred it took an excellent bowling performance to finally get them out on day 5. Hope I'm wrong, but despite both teams being rather erratic recently I'd put money on a draw this game (and having lived in London it's rare to go 5 days without rain, which combined with a "chief executive's pitch" makes a draw quite likely). Perhaps the spinners could start to dominate on a drying pitch and prove me wrong though.