Forum > Customer service > Customer service > #BlackFriday Specials
Old 2017-11-22 , 22:20
Technical Myriad

Fully agree with you LesleyH.

There is no easy way to get back what we lose when we give up our SD PVRs.

The conversion costs an arm and a leg.
And then an extra R85 per month to boot if you already have an Explora as the Primary.

If I remember correctly, you still have a TWIN LNB in place with an Explora switch. Not sure of the model 5-1 or 5-2.

If that is the case, the R799 option is NOT the end of it as you will have to replace LNB and switch as well.

So in that case the R999 option is the better one even though you will end up with an antenna you don't need. Maybe you can sell it out of hand or get the installer to buy it from you?

The other way is to buy the SLNB direct from MC, NOT via an agent because they see it fit to virtually double the price of a SLNB if you buy it separately.

I stuck my pride in my pocket today and visited our local PTA East, to find out about the installation option for my SD PVR swop.

If I was to go with the R799 option, I would have to spend another R749 about on either a 24-1Z switch or SLNB!

IF I go for the installation option, I have to hand in my SDPVR and then wait for the installer to come and do the installation. They won't release the Explora to me or give me the SLNB, and further refuse to install the SLNB in my existing antenna! And then they can't give me a date when they will get to me.

They are still a bunch of rip off artists. My opinion of accredited installers is as low as it always been and dropping by the encounter.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-11-22 , 23:21
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Fully agree with you LesleyH.

I stuck my pride in my pocket today and visited our local PTA East, to find out about the installation option for my SD PVR swop.

So that is the reason the storm came over today...
Old 2017-11-23 , 06:26
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Brenda View Post
Hi, the deals are all on hardware, so none on subscription. But they are open to both new and existing customers.
All good and well. I am on access as I cannot afford any other subscription. So buying an explorer will not benefit me anyway