Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Lost all my downloads.
Old 2017-08-03 , 11:51
Knows how to use a remote

Dear all

We have tried in vain to reproduce this issue. If anyone is interested in assisting us by providing logs for this, please PM me.

Thank you
Old 2017-08-03 , 12:00
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Sandipa View Post
Dear all

We have tried in vain to reproduce this issue. If anyone is interested in assisting us...
Perhaps I should have been clearer - I had the same issue yesterday, until I discovered this (posted elsewhere);

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Since this software release the wording for the help etc. regarding Connected Services has been altered. This morning something very odd caught my eye, and seems to have somehow changed since the release;

Settings \ System Settings \ Connectivity Set-up
Here, if the Remote Recordings setting is off the message displayed is confusing in that is suggests that connected services will not work if that setting is off.
Further, it suggests pressing the Alt button to sort it out and that then shows further wording which even more insists on the Remote Recordings setting being turned on.

I have no interest in using the Remote Recordings option, have never had it turned on, do not ever plan to, and my CU+ continues to work perfectly fine without it.

The worst part is that it's not just confusing wording, the software is actually trying to incorrectly "correct the problem" as well.
(Maybe the poor wording by one set of programmers then confused another set of programmers )
I've purposely not gone into the detail of the wording or posted pics here, this instead needs individual careful examination by all involved. And then it needs to be questioned how this kind of confusion could have possibly been created in the first place
I've no idea how I eventually came right, but some fiddling with these odd settings sorted it out.
Old 2017-09-02 , 17:57
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I have lost all my downloads as well as my download history again.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Old 2017-09-03 , 11:29
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermeric1 View Post
I have lost all my downloads as well as my download history again.

I had the same after we went away for a week and I switch the DSL Modem off but left the Exploras on. When I switched the Modem on and checked the Exploras, all history and downloads gone!
Old 2017-09-03 , 13:12
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneman View Post
I had the same after we went away for a week and I switch the DSL Modem off but left the Exploras on. When I switched the Modem on and checked the Exploras, all history and downloads gone!
I wonder whether there is not some constant verification taking place that might cause this if you loose internet connection?
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-09-03 , 15:54
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

This is getting ridiculous now. I tried to stream a title for my three year old but it said "Disconnected" after watching for about 10 minutes or so. But when I used the Explora's Connectivity Checker all have green ticks. When I then tried to download another title for my son it said "Queued" after a couple of minutes. Yet no other downloads were scheduled at all. So not only do I have issues with my successful downloads which keep disappearing but also with streaming and downloading as well. What a joke of a service this is. This has happened before but no apology or explanation was ever given by MC. They are going to lose me as a customer soon if this level of service continues.

Old 2017-10-10 , 20:51
Still listens to the wireless

I have lost all my downloads last night. No history, nothing! This is now the 3rd time this has happened. Did this happen to anyone else? I have rebooted, but this didn't help. Really frustrating!!

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
Old 2017-10-11 , 10:06
Changes remote batteries daily

Yes happens weekly!

We were promised a fix in the Sep update, which didn't happen. So we are waiting impatiently for the Oct update.
90cm dish; LMX502 ; Explora as Primary in lounge, HD-PVR2 in flat; XV heartbeat via RF outs; Samsung 60LED7000 via HDMI and Sony 42" 576p panel via composite; Flat has 32" Hi-Sense. Denon AVRX1100 configured for 5.1; Sony BluRay; WD media player; All using HDMI/optical/coax.