Forum > Decoders > Installation > Very Low Signal Quality.. Dish/SLNB alignment help
Old 2016-10-18 , 14:20
Still listens to the wireless

Default Very Low Signal Quality.. Dish/SLNB alignment help

Good day guys,

I would like assistance with the dish alignment / Smart LNB skew as I'm having a problem with very low signal qualities.

My set-up was previously an SD Dual View and I did a complete DIY upgrade to a 3 decoder xtraview (1x Explora & 2 HD 4U) with the heartbeat being diplexed into the Unicables, running through the Smart LNB. There is also an independent Explora connected to the Smart LNB.

I'm currently getting signal strengths in the range of 67-87 but the signal qualities are in the teens and twenties.

The userbands for the xtraview are set to 0, 1, 2 (Explora), 3 and 4 for the HD 4Us. The independent Explora is set to 5, 6, 7. All have picture and sound but no Catch Up content is downloading.

Here is the link to my complete set-up that I posted in the forum: post

Want to know if I should buy a field signal meter (FSM) / satellite finder and then fiddle with the alignment myself or should I call out an installer to align it for me? Any DIY tricks perhaps... My budget is overstretched as is.

Thanks,
Old 2016-10-18 , 14:31
Changes remote batteries hourly

Hi,

Regarding DIY alignment - we don't post much about that as it can lead to problems for other readers not registered on the forum, and then they can't quickly get further help.
You can send a PM (Private Message) To Geoff D for his alignment recipe by clicking here , but not sure when he'll be back on.

I'll leave other comments etc. to others.
Old 2016-10-18 , 15:45

Alright. Thanks Optimist
Old 2016-10-26 , 10:11

Default Low Signal Quality

Your Dish Elevation and lnb skew aligmnet critical - bad aligmnet will result in low "Signal Quality", best allow installer with professionla laigment tool to correct alignment
Tags
dish alignment, diy, signal quality, signal strength, smart lnb