Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Catch Up > Catchup site search and episodes
Old 2014-07-25 , 14:05
Watches YouTube a lot!

Default Catchup site search and episodes

Good day all

Is anyone else having problems getting the latest episodes of a series when searching the Catch Up site?

And, I've also seen several series episodes show up that are incorrect. E.g. 24 for last week was the wrong episode.

Hopefully this will be sorted before it expires, we we can binge watch.

This has happened with a few other shows, and I do believe there are a few older threads detailing these.
Old 2014-07-29 , 08:49
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgerm View Post
Good day all

Is anyone else having problems getting the latest episodes of a series when searching the Catch Up site?

And, I've also seen several series episodes show up that are incorrect. E.g. 24 for last week was the wrong episode.

Hopefully this will be sorted before it expires, we we can binge watch.

This has happened with a few other shows, and I do believe there are a few older threads detailing these.
Morning,

Apologies for the late response, for some reason I'm not receiving notifications of new posts.

Can you give me a bit more detail about the "problems" you're having while searching?

Also, if you do find incorrect episodes, please make sure you give them to me because we need to escalate it to the people responsible.

Thanks

Nic.
Old 2014-07-29 , 17:07
Watches YouTube a lot!

Hi MC Nic
Apologies for my late reply too. Been out of 'web' contact for the day.

From what I recall, incorrect episodes have been:

Last weeks Chicago PD
The week before last 24
I think week before last Almost Human as well.
And I know there were one or two more.

Will be sure to post those right away, when I spot them. I had thought I'd seen another post on that, so waited (re 24) but I might have been dreaming up a solution.

As for searching. Often when searching titles, the latest episode of a show will not appear in the results, yet other episodes will. I could take a guess, and say that 'full text' indexing has not reached that new upload yet? Just taking a stab though.

So, the solution is basically to page through the series list, from newest to oldest.

Could I make a request for a 'next' button on those pages?
Right now we need to click 1, then 2, then 3, etc.
Once reaching pg 5, you click the '>' to get the next lot.
Old 2014-07-30 , 08:39
MultiChoice

Quote:
Hi MC Nic
Apologies for my late reply too. Been out of 'web' contact for the day.

From what I recall, incorrect episodes have been:

Last weeks Chicago PD
The week before last 24
I think week before last Almost Human as well.
And I know there were one or two more.

Will be sure to post those right away, when I spot them. I had thought I'd seen another post on that, so waited (re 24) but I might have been dreaming up a solution.
Okay, thanks for the heads up. I've asked our processing people to have a look to see what's potting.

Quote:
As for searching. Often when searching titles, the latest episode of a show will not appear in the results, yet other episodes will. I could take a guess, and say that 'full text' indexing has not reached that new upload yet? Just taking a stab though.

So, the solution is basically to page through the series list, from newest to oldest.
As a matter of interest, what time of the day do you search for thesde episodes. We have a search engine on the site called "Jinni" which runs an index daily, and if you search before the index has been run you generally won't find that you're looking for.

Quote:
Could I make a request for a 'next' button on those pages?
Right now we need to click 1, then 2, then 3, etc.
Once reaching pg 5, you click the '>' to get the next lot.
I'll forward this on.

Cheers

MC NIc.
Old 2014-07-30 , 11:50
MultiChoice

Andrewgerm, you have PM
Old 2014-07-30 , 15:22
Watches YouTube a lot!

MC Nic
Thanks for forwarding on the site suggestions

As for times when I search, I would hazard a guess that it's early evening, but can not sure sure, as weekends I watch a bunch of shows / episodes online once I've finished at the office or on location, so those times do vary.

If it helps, it's not always the same day as when episodes have aired via satellite, so I'd think if the server performs indexing each day, that it would cover anything new from the previous day. Will try keep a note of any times in future though.
Old 2014-07-30 , 16:09
MultiChoice

Quote:
MC Nic
Thanks for forwarding on the site suggestions

As for times when I search, I would hazard a guess that it's early evening, but can not sure sure, as weekends I watch a bunch of shows / episodes online once I've finished at the office or on location, so those times do vary.

If it helps, it's not always the same day as when episodes have aired via satellite, so I'd think if the server performs indexing each day, that it would cover anything new from the previous day. Will try keep a note of any times in future though.
Ah yes, okay this makes sense. Jinni indexes once a day, usually at about 9:30AM, so anything added to the catalogue the night before will only appear in search after 9:30 the next morning.

It's a cumbersome system and we're working on its removal from the site.
Old 2014-07-31 , 16:37
Watches YouTube a lot!

I checked last weeks CHicago PD (last night) and it was still the wrong episode.

Not sure if will be changed at this late stage.
And, I see the week before last, that 24 is now off the list, so I guess that's for licence reasons?
Old 2014-08-01 , 08:49
MultiChoice

Quote:
I checked last weeks CHicago PD (last night) and it was still the wrong episode.
Okay, I've asked for our QA team to look into this.

Quote:
Not sure if will be changed at this late stage.
And, I see the week before last, that 24 is now off the list, so I guess that's for licence reasons?
Ja, we only have the rights to stack 2 episodes of 24. So the one from week before last would have expired.