Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > Cant continue watching after pausing live tv
Old 2009-04-02 , 22:26
Knows how to use a remote

Default Cant continue watching after pausing live tv

I press pause whilst watching tv. When i press play it doesn't play. It just freezes. Did i pay alot of money to live with this? Is this the type of service that you are selling? Can someone tell me how to rectify this! Please!
Old 2009-04-03 , 09:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
(1) Live TV pressing PAUSE, will automatically take you into the buffer, as when you want to resume, you will no longer be viewing "live"
(2) IF you try now to resume viewing too soon after pressing pause, the existing delay in resuming is longer, so you just have to wait. I have measured up to 120 seconds of delay in the past.
(3) Just wait, the decoder will start up again.
(4) Us users do not know what is causing this, we have not been told.
(5) We can only surmise that this is just another one of the manifestations of the slow processing of commands, and hope that this will be addressed at the next s/w upgrade.

I have pointed out before that either we all learn to live with the HD mosnter and put up with all these issues, OR we all just dump the service
it never did this. It started on supersport 3. I watching a soccer game. Pressed paused to fetch something from the kitchen, came back pressed play it froze. And now like a plague its infecting all the other channels. It was working fine before. Just now its begun playing up. Any idea's on whether it can be rectified?
Old 2009-04-03 , 10:03

oh well.. luckily theres always popcorn hour A110 to fall back on
Old 2009-04-06 , 15:18
MultiChoice

Thanks for the posting. Hard disk management (including the buffer) is among the top priority issues to be addressed in the next release of software. However, the freezing after unpausing was last reported on the launch software (August 2008). I have forwarded this for further investigations.