Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Now > Showmax titles not showing up in DSTV Now app ?
Old 2017-09-12 , 03:51
Still gets up to change channels

Question Showmax - Explora "active" device even when not streaming ?

Hi,

EDIT: Showmax titles are now showing again.

On a side note, why does my Explora show as an "active" device under "my devices" on the Showmax site even though I'm not currently streaming any content on it ?

Thanks

Last edited by R-P-H; 2017-09-12 at 13:46. .
Old 2017-09-12 , 07:49
Changes remote batteries daily

Did you sign in to Showmax on your explora? If you did that's why it shows the decoder as active device

Explora
Old 2017-09-12 , 12:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanP View Post
Did you sign in to Showmax on your explora? If you did that's why it shows the decoder as active device
Yes I did and I started watching a series just to test if it was working.

But Showmax defines "active" as a device that's currently streaming. And you can only have 2 active devices at a time (maximum of 2 concurrent streams). Seems stupid that the Explora would permanently take up one of those slots.
Old 2017-09-12 , 13:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-P-H View Post
Yes I did and I started watching a series just to test if it was working.

But Showmax defines "active" as a device that's currently streaming. And you can only have 2 active devices at a time (maximum of 2 concurrent streams). Seems stupid that the Explora would permanently take up one of those slots.

You can register up to 5 devices to access Showmax (this is when you use smartphones, tablets, smart TVs). Your DStv Explora will count as one of these devices.

While you can register up to 5 devices, you can only watch 2 concurrent streams.

Its all here on the link posted yesterday

http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=40143

Explora
Old 2017-09-12 , 15:29

If it continues to show as active long after you stopped using it you will probable have to contact ShowMax - MC won't be able to assist.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-09-12 , 15:35
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
If it continues to show as active..
Turns out the word "active" is being misunderstood here, all since explained in the later posts in the main thread (link is in post #4 above).
Old 2017-09-12 , 17:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Turns out the word "active" is being misunderstood here, all since explained in the later posts in the main thread (link is in post #4 above).
Based on what I've read it still seems everyone's confused, including multichoice. My understanding is that you are allowed up to 5 devices registered per Showmax account. Currently I have 2 devices registered - my explora and internet explorer on my pc. However, you cannot stream on all 5 of those devices at the same time. Only 2 of the registered devices can stream at any given time. This is denoted by "active" appearing under a device that is streaming in the "my devices" section on the Showmax site. When you stop streaming on that device, "active" should disappear. My browser device does not show active but my explora does even though I last streamed on it nearly 24 hours ago. Surely this is not right ?

From Showmax:

"You may register five devices on your Showmax account. These may be replaced a maximum of nine times per year from your first subscription date. You may watch on two registered devices simultaneously, these are referred to as active devices."

Also if you hover your mouse over where it says "active" it says the following:

"Active status shows that this device is currently streaming".

I posted a screenshot much earlier showing the "my devices" section but it still has not appeared...

Last edited by R-P-H; 2017-09-12 at 17:43. .
Old 2017-09-12 , 17:40
MultiChoice

Have you logged out from Showmax on your Explora?
Old 2017-09-12 , 18:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Have you logged out from Showmax on your Explora?
Yes, I logged out and it still shows as active. I logged back in and the same. Of course I don't know how long it takes to register that it's not streaming but this far it's been nearly 24 hours since I actually streamed something. It should only take a few seconds.

Am I the only one with this issue ?
Old 2017-09-13 , 08:02

OK I just checked. My Explora also says active but ipad doesn't.

Imo I think the Explora will always say active. Because it's permanently active on the Internet continually downloading titles

(it might just be me but I don't see the issue with "active") unless you watch 2 streams other than explora

Has the Explora always showed this active when not watching. Or is it a new thing?

Explora