Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Walka 7" or Walka 3.5"
Old 2013-01-31 , 17:02
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Default Walka 7" or Walka 3.5"

Looking for some advice from those in the know please.

Being keen on sport and going on holiday shortly to a place which doesn't have DStv, but can pick up a signal for the Walka devices, I am wanting to purchase one but am unsure which one to obtain. The idea of the bigger screen on the Walka 7 sounds good but according to others the pixel density, or whatever it's called, is the same on both devices. This I understand means that the picture quality is better on the smaller device than the bigger one and by quite a long way too?

However, I also believe that the Walka 7 software is superior to that on the Walka 3.5 giving a better audio sound and one or two other enhancements?

Unfortunately, shops don't have the two Walkas available in a working state where one can compare their visual and audio qualities alongside each other.

Anyone able to assist please?
Old 2013-01-31 , 20:54
4K, baby!

I can only comment on the 3.5" which I got almost solely just for sport. I must say the picture is really nothing more than very average. It's fine to keep a track of the score but for constant watching I'm sorry I bought it just a month before the 7" got announced.

And it doesn't support widescreen without taking it in to MC to have the softare upgraded while the 7" has this support already. So as soon as SS goes widescreen (whahahahaha! ) I'll replace mine. Now there is some motivation for SS if ever it was required....

And, another point, how sure are you of the reception where you will be going? My house shows as fully covered on the map - in a highly populated are of Pretoria - but I battle to get just 1 bar signal and on 80% of my stand area I get no signal at all.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2013-02-01 , 09:40
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
And, another point, how sure are you of the reception where you will be going? My house shows as fully covered on the map - in a highly populated are of Pretoria - but I battle to get just 1 bar signal and on 80% of my stand area I get no signal at all.
Thanks for the reply Krugie and to answer your question above I would say that my son is presently on his way back from the same place that I'll be going to and he was able to receive a signal on his 3.5" Walka. I'll have a few more words with him once he returns and make sure but according to him he had a "strong" signal. So that shouldn't be a problem.

I'll also be taking a look at his Walka and seeing how good the picture and sound quality is and if I find it meets my needs then I'll possibly save some money and buy the smaller Walka.

Last edited by beetle bailey; 2013-02-01 at 09:42. .