Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Explora 2 Display Brightness
Old 2018-02-07 , 15:45
Knows how to use a remote

Default Explora 2 Display Brightness

I just got a new Explora 2 Decoder and the display that shows the time when it is on Standby mode is soooooo bright. It illuminates my whole lounge. Has anyone else noticed this ?
Old 2018-02-07 , 15:58
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing View Post
I just got a new Explora 2 Decoder and the display that shows the time when it is on Standby mode is soooooo bright. It illuminates my whole lounge. Has anyone else noticed this ?
Probably not because most of us are in the habit of never putting the decoders into standby mode. There is so much going on in the background on the decoders these days that there is no benefit to put decoders into standby. Power consumption remains almost the same, the decoders still run hot.
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2 x (2x6) MS, FSM permanently connected.
Old 2018-02-07 , 16:06
Knows how to use a remote

I meant the display in general - even when it just displays a channel number it is really bright. At night if the lights are off it illuminates the room.
Old 2018-02-07 , 17:01
Changes remote batteries hourly

Yep, noticed by quite a few. One trick is to put that brown thin box tape on the f/p.
Old 2018-02-08 , 00:44
Changes remote batteries daily

Same here. Recently bought one for the bedroom. That front panel is like a fog light compared to the old Explora.
Look what they made, they made it for me, happy technology.
Old 2018-02-16 , 07:41
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Both my Exploras were taken out by lightning on Tuesday. Installed Explora 2 yesterday. Was a read battle getting the new ones assigned to the account and this took over an hour. 5 security questions seem a bit much. I was required to give the actual date I paid my annual fee and was given the choice of debit order or cash, meantime I pay by EFT and this answer was not acceptable, so I had to call back. Particularly aggressive clerk, she said unless I answer correctly I will not get anything done? What, you accept my money readily enough?

Really, quite ridiculous

In the end, the clerk muddled up the primary and secondary decoders. Another 45 mins on the phone to get this corrected

Then the primary decoder won't move off channel 119. Phoned again and spoke to come clueless person, was transferred to another clueless person (yes and have to go through security questions twice again !!!!) and then transferred to an Xtraview person. Then get cut off before I had a chance to speak

So have this Explora 2 which works if I reboot it (hold down the power button for 5 seconds) but after about 20 mins, switches itself to channel 119 and stays there

Its going back to Makro this morning, who at least will swap it out without a hassle, then I suppose another hour on the phone to MC to get the numbers changed

Why cannot this be done on line? I am not dealing with a financial instution where I want to borrow R1m. all I want is to get a service working for which I have paid

Can anyone justify why there are these multiple security questions?

At the beginning of the call, you are requested to key in your ID number and assign it to your account. I do this each time. But when I speak to someone, I have to give them the IS again, so what is the purpose of this, except to waste more time?
Old 2018-02-16 , 08:09
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
Can anyone justify why there are these multiple security questions?
Nope, but I and some others believe it's just the way companies these days try to ensure they have all your contact details up to date - hardly an honest approach, and a massive waste of time for most. Can't stand it!

BTW, this complaint of yours would really have best been posted in the customer services section if you want the right mods seeing it, and it's nothing to do with the thread topic anyway