Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Suggestion: Repeat reminder
Old 2018-03-06 , 10:07
Knows how to use a remote
Question Suggestion: Repeat reminder

Hey all,

Don't think this has been asked before, although I only searched back a few years. If it has, my apologies and a +1 on that thread.

tldr; How about the option to set repeat reminders (auto-tune in the old lingo)?

So I like to wake up to Sky News in the morning, but my Explora is rarely on that channel when I go to sleep. When I remember, I usually set a reminder for whatever is on the EPG of Sky at 02h00 or 02h30 for example, so that the decoder auto-tunes in the middle of the night while I'm asleep. Unfortunately, this requires the same discipline that was required to flip the switch on the alarm clock every night before school and alas, it suffers in the same way.

Similarly, I like to watch Carte Blanche on a Sunday and so I do the same, set a reminder on the EPG.

It would be infinitely more useful (to me anyway), if when adding the reminder, it could be set as a repeat with some options on duration. 1 week, a fortnight, a month, forever until cancelled, etc.

Now some might argue, just set a series recording. But I don't really want to record the program as that may create conflicts with other scheduled recordings, I just want to auto-tune to it.

How about it MC?

As always, if you made it this far, thank you for your time.
Old 2018-03-06 , 10:44
4K, baby!
Quite a useful suggestion but it might be more complicated than imagined. It would most likely have to be series-based and then will also auto-tune during other repeats of the same series - which would not be what is wanted.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2018-03-06 , 10:49
Changes remote batteries hourly
It was actually touched on before, but not in this much detail. It's a good idea indeed, unfortunately MC seem to have less interest in these "smaller" enhancements with their development plans. They may also see it as too much for the basic user to consider without getting confused.

Still, hope they do do this anyway ;-)
autotune, reminder, repeat