Forum > Content > Sport > Football on 203
Old 2018-03-17 , 17:29
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Football on 203

What on earth is happening on 203 this afternoon? The 17h00 match is supposed to be at Stoke v Everton. But they started off at Bournemouth v West Brom, then went to Huddersfield v Palace and briefly showed us a bit of Stoke/Everton. All with the same commentators, who are obviously in a London studio.
DStv Premium. 80 cm dish, smart LNB; Explora 1 with HDMI (picture) and optical fibre (sound) connections to Marantz NR1501 5.1 AV receiver; HDMI passthrough to Sony Bravia TV with Full HD; Jamo surround speakers. Plus 4136 on XtraView.
Old 2018-03-18 , 08:39
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG31 View Post
What on earth is happening on 203 this afternoon? The 17h00 match is supposed to be at Stoke v Everton. But they started off at Bournemouth v West Brom, then went to Huddersfield v Palace and briefly showed us a bit of Stoke/Everton. All with the same commentators, who are obviously in a London studio.
It's called Goal Rush. This is from the source of the feed the Premier League itself. Has always been like this when they are multiple games at the same time on a Saturday or midweek since the beginning of last season.
Old 2018-03-18 , 10:21
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
It's called Goal Rush. This is from the source of the feed the Premier League itself. Has always been like this when they are multiple games at the same time on a Saturday or midweek since the beginning of last season.
I absolutely hate this "feature" and dread those weekends when it applies the the Gunners' matches.

The cut-away to the other matches always seems to occur when something important is happening in the main match.
But in any case, it's disruptive to the ability to follow the match without interruption.
Cheers, K.
Old 2018-03-18 , 13:58
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Not strictly true. The advertised game was Everton versus Stoke. In the past THAT would have been the game being shown for the full 90 minutes with the occasional cut away to show a goal or an incident in one of the other matches. Distracting but something I've come to live with.

What happened yesterday was totally unacceptable to me. The advertised game was Everton versus Stoke yet they started with the Crystal Palace game. Even though this game was able to be viewed by us on another channel. After about 15 minutes they then showed some other game. Then after a further 10 to 15 minutes we were taken to the Everton game. This went on for the whole afternoon while these three games were being played.

If I were an Everton, or Stoke, supporter I'd be extremely upset by this totally stupid arrangement. We, in South Africa, have acquired the rights, so I believe, to the full showing of EPL football being played on a Saturday and Sunday in England. Here we were robbed of the Everton game and were only able to view about 30 minutes in total of this match.

I can accept, reluctantly, the need, for elsewhere that the feed is going, for the provider of this content to show the goals and incidents taking place in the other games, but NOT this cutting away from a game for such a long period of time.

From my experience of watching sport by doing so one misses a lot and loses a lot of interest in what is taking place. Similar I suppose to watching a movie which after 15 minutes goes to some other movie before moving on to a third movie. One loses the thread and in the end cannot be too bothered with watching anymore. Rather just wait for the fulltime whistle and see what the scores are.

I SINCERELY TRUST THAT SUPERSPORT WILL BE TAKING THIS UP WITH THE POWERS THAT BE TO ENSURE THAT WHAT HAPPENED ON SATURDAY DOES NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

Ruined my early Saturday afternoon viewing.
Old 2018-03-22 , 18:17
Changes remote batteries daily

Just to reiterate what personally from the feed producers constantly state on Twitter: broadcasters like Supersport have access to two feeds of the main game, the goal rush feed and the clean feed. Most other countries provide viewers with both feeds and they choose what to watch but for some reason Supersport doesn't do the same and refuses to.
Old 2018-03-22 , 18:25
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revorushin View Post
Just to reiterate what personally from the feed producers constantly state on Twitter: broadcasters like Supersport have access to two feeds of the main game, the goal rush feed and the clean feed. Most other countries provide viewers with both feeds and they choose what to watch but for some reason Supersport doesn't do the same and refuses to.
It's such a Marmite thing. You either hate it or love.
Personally I absolutely dread it and hate it!
PLEASE MC let us have an alternative "pure feed" with no interruptions from other games.
Even happy to take the Portuguese commentary; I roughly understand it!

Cheers, K

btw I love Marmite! k
Old 2018-04-06 , 12:35
Knows how to use a remote

I am one that absolutely hate Goal Rush on 203. I agree with all the above that were said, because Goal Rush cutaways are just ruining the enjoyment of the broadcast. I would strongly recommend Supersport move the Goal Rush feed to Supersport Blitz. I can't get used to these cutaways. I am so absorbed with the contest and then, the cut-aways just disrupt any pleasure of just enjoying a game you looked forward to watch the whole week. I think the most frustrating thing is often the Goal Rush cut-aways aren't even of an actual goal that was scored in the other game. Maybe sometimes it is a goal in the other game, but most of the time it would be of a build-up of an attack, some minor incident or a missed chance. Meanwhile, the game that I'm enjoying have some real chances and action happening, but it's stuck in the little screen at the bottom. It is really frustrating! Goal Rush belongs on Supersport Blitz; not channel 203. Would really love it if Supersport can give subscribers a clean feed option without Goal Rush.
Old 2018-04-06 , 12:40
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charnea View Post
I am one that absolutely hate Goal Rush on 203. I agree with all the above that were said, because Goal Rush cutaways are just ruining the enjoyment of the broadcast. I would strongly recommend Supersport move the Goal Rush feed to Supersport Blitz. I can't get used to these cutaways. I am so absorbed with the contest and then, the cut-aways just disrupt any pleasure of just enjoying a game you looked forward to watch the whole week. I think the most frustrating thing is often the Goal Rush cut-aways aren't even of an actual goal that was scored in the other game. Maybe sometimes it is a goal in the other game, but most of the time it would be of a build-up of an attack, some minor incident or a missed chance. Meanwhile, the game that I'm enjoying have some real chances and action happening, but it's stuck in the little screen at the bottom. It is really frustrating! Goal Rush belongs on Supersport Blitz; not channel 203. Would really love it if Supersport can give subscribers a clean feed option without Goal Rush.
Supersport? Care to comment?
Old 2018-04-06 , 12:50
Changes remote batteries hourly

I suspect that this is more of the "Now Generation" thinking - the belief that those youngsters want all the screen clutter and busyness distractions which are trying to make a comeback, again, and the added presumption that all want to move forward in this modern direction.

No
1. I suspect many youngsters just put up with it as it's widely accepted, but not liked.
2. Probably largely due to the smaller screens they must use.
3. Social media is not a TV screen, or visa-versa, similarities are an illusion.
4. "Older" generations are not going to step in line here, as has been seen countless times.
Old 2018-04-06 , 13:41
Knows how to use a remote

It does seem that way, Optimist. I wonder if they even consulted the subscribers/viewers through a survey or some sort of research to come to this conclusion. For me, it was fine just having score updates at the bottom and then they used to advertised which channel those games were on. So if I was interested to see what is happening in the other games, I would switch over to those channels for a few minutes and then go back to the game I was watching. But now we just don't have a choice in this matter. This weekend we have the Merseyside and the Manchester derbies. I'm already dreading the Goal Rush windows that will pop up.