Forum > Content > Sport > FA Cup 2018/2019
Old 2018-02-27 , 17:07
Changes remote batteries hourly

@Revorushin, where did you see that SS lost these FA Cup rights? (Stated in another thread.)
All I can find is a Twitter rumour from one of Thinus' fans, and no press reports anywhere.

Could it be false, or just be a hiccup and they're still busy with renewed negotiations? Would explain the response delay...
Old 2018-02-27 , 19:01
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
@Revorushin, where did you see that SS lost these FA Cup rights? (Stated in another thread.)
All I can find is a Twitter rumour from one of Thinus' fans, and no press reports anywhere.

Could it be false, or just be a hiccup and they're still busy with renewed negotiations? Would explain the response delay...
Optimist, I hope it's as you say merely a rumour and nothing more than that. As you no doubt would have deduced I'm not a very happy chappy about this APPARENT loss of yet another BIG footballing event. Please let it be false news.

Would be nice if Supersport could put an end to this by simply stating that it's true or that they are still negotiating. Surely there's no harm in doing so?
Old 2018-02-28 , 10:28
Watches YouTube a lot!

100% agree. If true this puts me one step closer to downgrading or even cancelling MC altogether. I watched the League Cup final online streaming as MC did not buy the rights. Lousy resolution but better than nothing at all.

When I go I look forward to watching movies and series online without MNET's huge logo and overlarge age restriction logo (dis)attracting my eye.

The cons are starting to outweigh the pros. Multichoice, take note.
Old 2018-02-28 , 21:17
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:

Social media from another broadcaster claiming such.
Old 2018-03-01 , 09:38

Thanks.

Well, clearly MC / SS aren't saying anything at this stage so all we can do is speculate... which is dangerous as it can set us off incorrectly.

I'm wondering if this is sour grapes by the competitor, or an attempt to stir up a change of attitudes.
One thing I know, confidential details of contractual rights or their negotiations will NEVER be discussed with us. If there are negotiations underway we'll only hear about the outcome.
If this was just a failure to get the rights there would be no point in this delay, so I've ruled that out now. But, to repeat, we are just speculating.
Old 2018-03-01 , 18:11
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Thanks.

Well, clearly MC / SS aren't saying anything at this stage so all we can do is speculate... which is dangerous as it can set us off incorrectly.

I'm wondering if this is sour grapes by the competitor, or an attempt to stir up a change of attitudes.
One thing I know, confidential details of contractual rights or their negotiations will NEVER be discussed with us. If there are negotiations underway we'll only hear about the outcome.
If this was just a failure to get the rights there would be no point in this delay, so I've ruled that out now. But, to repeat, we are just speculating.
Surely, telling us negotiations are ongoing, or nothing finalized or to be reported yet isn't that hard for them to do? Either they are still negotiating or not. What harm is there in telling us that they are still discussing the issue. I really cannot see what harm that will do. Or tell us they've lost the rights? Until they, MC/Supersport come up with something we will continue to speculate and assume that they haven't got the rights.
Some may not realise but for us EPL supporters this is a very serious matter.
Old 2018-03-01 , 18:33

IMO you're wasting your time BB, you know that MC can't give anything away early. As they always mention, these processes are legally confidential.
Old 2018-03-01 , 19:01
4K, baby!

I also seem to recall with previous football tournaments lost MC only acknowledged that they no longer have the rights by the time the tournament was already just about starting and there was nothing appearing on the TV Guide.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2018-03-01 , 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
I also seem to recall with previous football tournaments lost MC only acknowledged that they no longer have the rights by the time the tournament was already just about starting and there was nothing appearing on the TV Guide.
The last one I remember was this one, which was answered in about an hour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Hi SS Sandile

Does Super sport have rights to the English League Cup - Caraboa cup this season?

I cannot see any listing yet, the 3rd round is on the 19/20th of September. There is a quite a number of interesting fixtures...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Sandile View Post
Hi Toto,

We no longer have the rights to the English Cup.

But... if there were such delays before, maybe it just means they were trying to make a plan up to the last minute. Why would they delay the inevitable?
Don't take my word for it though.
Old 2018-03-01 , 19:24
4K, baby!

Quote:
The last one I remember was this one, which was answered in about an hour...
That proves my point yes... hehe.. this was posted 14 days before the event - i.e. as soon as the TV guide became available. So SS made no announcement about loosing this event beforehand.

I agree there is not much point in delaying the inevitable though - apart from holding on to subscribers as long as possible maybe? Or postponing them signing up elsewhere?
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.