Forum > Content > General > Latest age restriction extreme
Old 2018-03-26 , 17:58
Changes remote batteries hourly

Default Latest age restriction extreme

As sometimes happens I only recorded Carte Blanche this afternoon. Now this...

CB restriction joke.jpg

Fascinating that I'm able to watch it anyway during the day, on the same equipment, seeing that part on CU right now

(BTW, the program starts a new season from this next Sunday so needs a new SBR.)
Old 2018-03-26 , 18:05

Age limit of missing segment is actually 16. Makes no difference, certainly nothing new to the program. This is now out of control nonsense.
Old 2018-03-26 , 18:23

Related issues:

1. CU is not reliable enough, certainly re on time delivery.

2. CU has segments removed from CB under certain supplier's rights circumstances.

3. CU expires.

4. There are no night time repeats for CB.

5. Not everyone has access to any kind of CU.

6. Parental control doesn't require rocket science ability, as easy to use as a decoder and some decoder functions are quite a bit more advanced.

Should I go on...
Ok, one more:

7. We come from a history of draconian rule, say no to unreasonable restrictions and attempted control.

I guess I'll take a break from complaints now as well, not sure anyone is listening enough.
Old 2018-04-05 , 10:21

I'm pleased to say that this issue was resolved and this very next week, so again we see that a few clear voices do appear to help get the ball rolling sometimes.

Last Sunday's Carte Blanche was a local doccie in 4 parts, all of which had a 16 age limit. All of it was broadcast repeated during daylight hours, and it's being repeated again this afternoon.

Not that I want to be behind any cause for alarm for any parents... their (and representative) concerns are very important but they too need to be responsible enough, a reasonable balance is needed that considers others as well. Especially with the apparently necessary but restrictive loss of the Edge channel.
Anyway, the movie channels and many others regularly broadcast such daytime content, even with an 18 restriction sometimes.

Thank you M-Net, please don't ever close off your your ears or involvement due to reactions, which will always be out there heard or not.