Forum > Content > Sport > SS animated logo
Old 2018-03-07 , 10:25
Watches YouTube a lot!

Default SS animated logo

While I realise this is probably futile it still needs to be said.

Supersport have lessened my enjoyment of watching football by yet again making their (already overlarge) logo animated with a world cup countdown so every soccer game I watch until then will have my eye attracted to the top right of the screen every 20 seconds! to tell me something we already know.

There are enough distractions already - like that flippin' dachshund running across the pitchside screens

If you really must impress us with how clever you are please do it during the studio bits and let us watch the match undistracted. It's about the beautiful game, not the broadcaster.

Please take it away.

Any agreement or otherwise welcome.
Old 2018-03-07 , 10:29
Changes remote batteries hourly

Will always add my voice to threads like these.
Please remember that it's our screen, you only exist due to us wanting your services.
Old 2018-03-07 , 11:45
Changes remote batteries hourly

Perhaps a more friendly approach is better, I prefer it;

@SS, please speak to the M-Net group - they can tell you just how much viewers don't like distracting things on their screens.

After a huge outcry on this forum they did a survey (about 7 years ago), the results of which were convincing enough that they have since had much less of that kind of disturbance on screen... but every once in a while someone slips again for reasons beyond us, and then there's ALWAYS reaction again.

Many thanks

(@BB - be nice in your post, which we all know is coming ... at least try that first )
Old 2018-03-07 , 12:05
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
(@BB - be nice in your post, which we all know is coming ... at least try that first )
^%$#^ (*&^%#@! *() LOGOS #@!()*& *^$#@) ^%$#@*

There having got that off my chest let me add that I too DO NOT LIKE nor UNDERSTAND the need for a lot of these logos. A BRIEF logo stating "x" number of days to the World Cup will reluctantly be acceptable but only perhaps once at the beginning of each half? No need to constantly display these stupid things.

All I want to do is to sit and enjoy a game without all these stupid distractions. Nobody from Supersport, Mnet or DStv have YET been able to come up with any proper answers as to why we need these logos in the first place. That is ANY logo.

Mmmm. Wonder if Ster-Kinekor won't perhaps be looking at displaying their Ster Kinekor Logo at the top left/right of the cinema screens so that I can know what cinema I'm at? Think I must drop them a line. Perhaps this should also be posted under the Mnet posts?
Old 2018-03-08 , 12:24
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Sigh. It just get worse. Starting to think they have a department whose only job is coming up with ever-more distracting logos to ruin movie popup channels and live sporting events. Sigh.
Old 2018-03-08 , 15:46
Watches YouTube a lot!

I only managed to watch a few minutes of the Spurs-Juve game last night but during the period I watched there was no animated logo. Perhaps they listened (wishful thinking)
Old 2018-03-12 , 16:27
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I'm already sick to death of the World Cup. It's still months away. Any football fan worth a damn knows full well when the thing is, they don't need a constant reminder, whether as a logo counting down days (if you're that interested, it's quite simple to create an excel spreadsheet calender that counts down the days for you wherever and whenever you want it), or even promo ads.

Why aren't they telling us how many days to the next Olympics, I mean, it's only another 3 years to that!!
Old 2018-03-31 , 16:32
Watches YouTube a lot!

ITTSS BAAACCKKK!

Watching the live games on SS3 today the animated logo is back, advertising "Gold Coast" which is presumably the Commonwealth games.

And I thought they has seen sense and stopped its use. Sigh.

So here we go:
Dear Supersport please stop using animated logos as they they detract from what we are watching. ie what we are paying you to watch.