Forum > Content > Sport > Supersport - Misleading.
Old 2018-01-26 , 20:23
Knows how to use a remote

Angry Supersport - Misleading.

Last year Supersport changed there channels and what is available on the various packages:

It was communicated that all varsity sport and netball will be shown on channel 210.
Know we have to be disappointed, because we don't get all netball and varsity sport (cricket and rugby don't get shown).

I am really disappointed in Supersport, for once again shunning there cricket and rugby supporters with poor coverage on lower packages.

Please fix this situation.

Thank you.

Johann
Old 2018-01-26 , 21:02
Changes remote batteries daily

If I remember correctly, it was always Varsity Sports excluding rugby. Cricket was normally shown though
Old 2018-01-30 , 14:23
SuperSport

Since the acquisition of WWE, there's been a change to SS10's lineup. The channel can no longer accommodate live varsity sports at times. When this is the case, varsity sports moves to SS8.
However, when there is no clash with WWE, live varsity and netball is broadcast live like the recently concluded Quad Netball Series featuring the Spar Proteas.

Varsity sports that has been previously broadcast live on SS10 is the football, netball and sevens rugby only. The 15's is available only on SS1.

For the ongoing varsity cricket, which is live on SS8, a highlights package of the final will be available on SS10 immediately after the match is over with a full repeat available the next day.
Old 2018-02-18 , 11:43

Thank you for the reply Sandile.

The lame excuse of WWE, just don't sit with me.
After the channel change last year, the impression was given that all varsity sport will be broadcast on channel 210.

If this is not the case, you should apollogise to the public for this misleading info.
You should also change the discription for channel 210 to read: varsity sport excluding rugby and cricket.

Still disappointed in the discrimination against rugby viewers in favour of soccer.

Thank you.

Johann
Old 2018-03-07 , 08:57

Hallo Sandile.

Still no apology and change of description of content for channel 210????

Thank you.

Johann
Old 2018-03-07 , 09:06
SuperSport

Hi Biltongboer,

SuperSport apologizes for the inconvenience caused by the change in content of SuperSport 10.
I have raised the matter with the scheduling department to have the channel's descriptor changed immediately.

Regards,
Sandile Luthuli