Forum > Content > Sport > World Cricket
Old 2018-02-20 , 15:17
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDavid View Post
We actually won the test series against India after all, although it seems like a long time ago now.

Test series against Aus are always pretty interesting to watch and things usually get a bit heated. Looking forward to it.
I just think that India jumped into this series after they played SL at home, if the test matches started about 2 - 3 weeks later than it initially started, India would have prepared better and I think that India would have won the test series but those are all ifs & buts

SA vs Australia is normally a good contest because both teams play on similar pitches but during the Indian series, these pitches were much on the slower side - could the BCCI have anything to do with this It will be a difficult comeback for the Proteas based on a so called poor performance against India. The one annoying thing will be the commentary from the Aussies and some SA commentators

I see Michael Holding is doing a lot of commentary when SA play - could it be because of money?
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2018-02-23 , 11:12

India was unlucky in the 2nd T20, they started off badly but ended up with a good score which Klassens thought nothing of it and smashed the Indian bowlers all over the park

No excuses but the weather do play a very important role as the team batting 1st want to make a big score and as a result wickets tumble and the side batting 2nd can pace their innings nicely

SA won the ODI & T20 that had something to do with the weather if tomorrow does not rain, I would like to see how the game will pan out especially if SA is to bat first
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2018-02-26 , 15:07

So India were the well deserved winners of the T20 series. Great game, the Proteas need to look at the ODI & T20 series loss to see what improvements they need to make in the upcoming Aussie tour

Just heard that Morne Morkel want to retire from International Cricket
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2018-02-26 , 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
the Proteas need to look at the ODI & T20 series loss to see what improvements they need to make in the upcoming Aussie tour
Actually I hope they don't. They shouldn't be focusing on trying to improve the ODI and T20 sides right now as they're only playing tests against Australia.

Quote:
Just heard that Morne Morkel want to retire from International Cricket
He doesn't just want to retire - he is going to retire after the Australia series. It is unexpected (although there have been rumours about him going Kolpak), but I suspect that he either feels or has been told that he's not going to make it to the World Cup. So there's no point in him trying to hold on till then, and he gets one last crack at a home series win against Australia, which he hasn't achieved yet.
Old 2018-03-01 , 14:09
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Getting a bit annoyed with the cricket coverage, as in some ways it seems to have gone backwards in recent years (in other ways like technical analysis and graphics it has improved, but this is "fluff" compared to the basics of letting us actually watch the game).

I could write a long post about the audio issues over the last few years, like mics being at different levels, background music drowning out the commentary... a couple of times we even had the English and Afrikaans commentators talking over each other. But at least we could still watch the game. But something seems to have crept into out camerawork recently where things are really zoomed in on each delivery, with the camera even bouncing as it tries to follow the ball. Perhaps someone thinks this is more "exciting" or "visceral", but the result is we get a nick to slips, like the Warner wicket before lunch, we see the batsman, then the next shot we see the fielder celebrating or looking sad. We have to wait for a replay to see the ball actually travel to the slips. It never used to be quite like that imo.

With AB's "drop" of Smith just now, it seems they couldn't even find a clear replay as I still have no idea how easy it was for him to take it or not, we just saw a really zoomed in shot of the batsman and then AB lying on the ground. I know if the ball is hit to a more distant fielder we need camera tracking or different angles, but something seems to have changed with regards to nicks to the slips and the zoom level each ball, and I hope they take a look at those crucial moments today (Warner wicket, Smith drop) and consider how they can do better in terms of coverage. A small adjustment to the zoom level on the camera behind the bowler each ball would be all that's needed.

On the subject of the game, things looking ominous with Smith settling in. We wasted those reviews too early, KG could have had Marsh now!