Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Catch Up > Catchup - DStv Now app stalling continuously
Old 2015-10-05 , 13:56
Still listens to the wireless

Default Catchup - DStv Now app stalling continuously

I have experienced an issue - noticable on weekends where DSTV APP on my iPad "stalls" i.e. I get the white spinning wheel (on the picture and the smaller black spinning wheel at the top of my iPad screen). To fix this I have been exiting and resuming the current title but sometimes this doesnt work either. This is over WIFI connected to ADSL.

At first appearances it appears to be a bandwidth issue but I have experienced the same symptoms on MTN 3G with a decent signal. In both instances speedtest.net yields acceptable results.

On either connection method (ADSL / 3G) I can watch live television with no such issues which leads me to believe its catchup specific.

I have experienced the same issues when I switch to my laptop and play Catchup through a web browser - initially I thought it may be an iOS9 issue.

Any advice or comments? Is this a known issue?
Old 2015-10-05 , 14:03
Changes remote batteries hourly

Welcome, there have been a number of CU (Catch Up) issues reported. The Mod for this section is away until next week but another Mod is keeping an eye on things and passing on information.
Old 2015-10-05 , 14:05
MultiChoice

Hi there and welcome to the DStv Forum. You'll notice I changed the name of your thread to DStv Now which is the app you are talking about (DStv app is an app that allows you to manage your DStv account.).

Have you recently upgraded to the latest version of iOS? If so, you might need to uninstall the DStv Now app and reinstall it from the Apple Store to ensure it is all up to date.

Last edited by MC Marietjie; 2015-10-05 at 14:38. .
Old 2015-10-05 , 14:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Hi there and welcome to the DStv Forum. You'll notice I changed the name of your thread to DStv Now which is the app you are talking about (DStv app is an app that allows you to manage your DStv account.).

Have you recently upgraded to the latest version of iOS recently? If so, you might need to uninstall the DStv Now app and reinstall it from the Apple Store to ensure it is all up to date.
Yes - this was the first thing I tried - reinstalling the app.
Old 2015-10-05 , 14:48
MultiChoice

Just spoke to the Catch Up product manager - they also picked up a problem today on the DStv Now App. When they tried to replicate it, it was fine but they are keeping a close eye on this. So perhaps try again later this evening and let us know?
Old 2015-10-06 , 09:16

So tried again last night. Same issue I'm afraid. It's almost as if it "loses" the internet after a while. It starts off well (indicated by black line buffer far ahead of current position) but then seems to hit a wall. Back to white wheel spinning.

My internet is fine at this time.

Incidentally there was also an app update (5.1) last night - which I did before testing.
Old 2015-10-06 , 09:23
MultiChoice

Have escalated to the relevant teams - will let you know.
Old 2015-10-06 , 09:41
MultiChoice

The team have just told me that this is a bug they are aware of and are working on fixing ASAP.
Old 2015-10-06 , 13:14

Cool! Thanks MC Marietjie
Old 2015-10-08 , 13:57

Can you advise once resolved please.

Any indication when this will be?