Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > Channels scheduling mistakes
Old 2017-07-20 , 10:04
Changes remote batteries hourly

Hi Sergio, unfortunately I've only just seen your last reply now as the forum didn't indicate that it was a new post for some reason.

The year was not changed.
I changed my plans and successfully recorded last night's premiere.
This morning's "repeat" @ 11:40 was not corrected in any way - same SBR structure, same different dictionary as it still didn't register as a repeat before recording last night, same 2006 year.

As the feedback from your scheduler didn't make entire sense, I'm manually recording this morning's broadcast in case this is now the other show which is a mini series made in another year.
I will compare the beginnings and post further later.

This thread has become quite interesting, but it sure is a worry how much can go wrong and I'm left wondering how it may be possible to set up adequate prevention measures for some of it.
I sure don't envy your job, thanks for the efforts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Sergio View Post
Hi, Optimist,

I've received the following feedback from the scheduler:

The title was initially automatically linked to the wrong dictionary entry that labelled it as a miniseries. It has since been corrected, and labelled as a documentary movie. Which is correct according to the information supplied by the channel as well as IMDB, please see the link below.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2704752/

The one the customer is referring to is the 2006 mini-series of the same title.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478834/

I have updated the year to avoid confusion, as it seems the channel supplied the wrong year for the title. I will escalate this to them and ask them to rectify it in the meantime.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-07-20 at 10:16. . Reason: New forum page so added quote
Old 2017-07-20 , 11:47

Yep, both broadcasts were the same doccie movie.

So now the new mystery - why your scheduler was able to make sense of it, at least to a large degree, but how no further corrections managed to be made anyway
(Not that we need further details IMO.)
Old 2017-08-09 , 07:54

Ch. 121 is currently repeating S1 (and then S2) of the series Impossible Engineering, started yesterday afternoon @ 14:30. All of the weekdays episodes are scheduled to start at that time.
We're recording it on our Explora 1.

S1E1 - Failure re content captured.
According to what was later calculated with the successfully manually recorded repeat this morning - yesterday's current-cycle premiere of S1E1 somehow both started and ended about 22 minutes earlier than advertised on the scheduling.
As such my first attempt lost the first 11 odd minutes (my start safety net managed to get the rest of the too early content).
The early morning repeat ran exactly on time.

As a precaution I'm manually recording this afternoon's E2 "premiere" with more than half an hour added to both ends.
Old 2017-08-15 , 10:29
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Ch. 121 is currently repeating S1 (and then S2) of the series Impossible Engineering, started yesterday afternoon @ 14:30. All of the weekdays episodes are scheduled to start at that time.
We're recording it on our Explora 1.

S1E1 - Failure re content captured.
According to what was later calculated with the successfully manually recorded repeat this morning - yesterday's current-cycle premiere of S1E1 somehow both started and ended about 22 minutes earlier than advertised on the scheduling.
As such my first attempt lost the first 11 odd minutes (my start safety net managed to get the rest of the too early content).
The early morning repeat ran exactly on time.

As a precaution I'm manually recording this afternoon's E2 "premiere" with more than half an hour added to both ends.
Hello

I've set a recording for today's episode and I'll let you know what we see. It may have been a late start to the programme yesterday.
Old 2017-08-15 , 10:51

Hi Trisan,

No, that happened a week ago, not yesterday - in my post "yesterday" refers to the day before the date I posted it.

Thanks, but haven't seen any further major problems.
Old 2017-08-15 , 10:51
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Hi Trisan,

No, that happened a week ago, not yesterday - in my post "yesterday" refers to the day before the date I posted it.

Thanks, but haven't seen any further major problems.
I see, thanks for confirming.
Old 2017-09-05 , 09:20

108 The Nymphets

When I first looked at an EPG entry for this film weeks ago it was a full length movie, and is indeed again this Sunday 10/09 from 03:15 to 04:30.

So then why has the channel also got it slotted as a short film tomorrow 06/09 from 14:25 to 14:40 ??

They are one and the same, using the Other-Airings feature on either entry displays the other.
Old 2017-09-05 , 09:26
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
108 The Nymphets

When I first looked at an EPG entry for this film weeks ago it was a full length movie, and is indeed again this Sunday 10/09 from 03:15 to 04:30.

So then why has the channel also got it slotted as a short film tomorrow 06/09 from 14:25 to 14:40 ??

They are one and the same, using the Other-Airings feature on either entry displays the other.
Thanks for raising this, Optimist. This does indeed look like something is off. I've asked the scheduler to raise this with Sundance.
Old 2017-09-05 , 11:36

Thanks Sergio, looking forward to the response

---------

I think this thread has been an interesting experiment, more of the less-realised and strange error variety from the channels than expected, and has perhaps even ended up entertaining

But I know MC prefers that incidents are kept in individual threads, and as no-one else got involved I'll likely make this my last post.