Forum > Customer service > Customer service > Stop calling you're making it worse
Old 2015-01-17 , 18:28
Knows how to use a remote

Thumbs down Stop calling you're making it worse [sorted]

Greetings,
So it seems people get better responses on here than from the call center, though if anyone has actually been completely successful I have yet to see.

So we applied for the Explora R799 deal mid December and so far have only received the backlog msg from the dpp department.
We have missed a couple calls from unknown numbers, not sure they were from mc/dstv though.

Following up with the call center and providing them multiple numbers to contact us on and specific times where we will be available,
and yet still nothing.

Now the call center has turned around and told us to stop calling with queries because every time we do apparently we increase the backlog... Seeing as it should be attached to our acc i do not see how that works out but whatever.

It seems some people that have applied later have already gotten there confirmation at least if not the actual decoder yet.
So I would like some clarification as to what in all that is decent is going on...

As an aside in the hope/assumption eventually we may get this supposed miraculous marvel that will solve all our problems....

Can anyone else who has already gotten the explora tell me whether there are still issues where the recording time and show times and displayed program time all differ and all conspire to stuff up recordings? most noticeably for us on fox crime channel

Last edited by shintorojin; 2015-01-27 at 06:21. . Reason: Successful completion
Old 2015-01-17 , 20:30
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shintorojin View Post
Greetings,
So it seems people get better responses on here than from the call center, though if anyone has actually been completely successful I have yet to see.

So we applied for the Explora R799 deal mid December and so far have only received the backlog msg from the dpp department.
We have missed a couple calls from unknown numbers, not sure they were from mc/dstv though.

Following up with the call center and providing them multiple numbers to contact us on and specific times where we will be available,
and yet still nothing.

Now the call center has turned around and told us to stop calling with queries because every time we do apparently we increase the backlog... Seeing as it should be attached to our acc i do not see how that works out but whatever.

It seems some people that have applied later have already gotten there confirmation at least if not the actual decoder yet.
So I would like some clarification as to what in all that is decent is going on...

As an aside in the hope/assumption eventually we may get this supposed miraculous marvel that will solve all our problems....
Hi, and welcome to posting :-)

To the best of my knowledge the MC Call Centre itself is not directly involved with this deal.

Have a look at these two recent threads, both in this same section, it should supply you with enough helpful detail by its end: XPLORA SPECIAL and 0878063750

(Regarding you last paragraph, I don't have an Explora so will leave that one to others.)

Last edited by Optimist; 2015-01-17 at 20:35. .
Old 2015-01-18 , 23:42

Hey thanks for the response Optimist,
yeah i had actually read both of those prior to posting. Actually why i decided to post.
As per what mc marietjie posted concerning them continuing to attempt to contact us, which obviously they are no longer, if they ever were.

I would check the numbers but unfortunately don't have them anymore to compare to that number in the one post, though considering she said there are a range of numbers not sure that would help.

As far as the outsourcing the way i understood it is that the people that call you back are outsourced. But are you saying the DPP department is as well??

Related to the "Xplora special" post, if he is going to get a "call within a few days" and he applied this month, what does that say for those of us that applied last month?

Hope to get a response from mc concerning this...
Old 2015-01-19 , 00:00

Quote:
As far as the outsourcing the way i understood it is that the people that call you back are outsourced. But are you saying the DPP department is as well??
At this point I know no more than you so also waiting to see if there's more response worth offering, or I reckon maybe just give it a few more days.

Last edited by Optimist; 2015-01-19 at 00:04. .
Old 2015-01-19 , 00:06

Yeah well atleast have to wait till monday i'm sure. Don't expect everyone to be around on weekends....
Just hoping to get some better news than to "stop calling".

Thanks again Optimist!
Old 2015-01-20 , 09:46
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:
Greetings,

and yet still nothing.

Can anyone else who has already gotten the explora tell me whether there are still issues where the recording time and show times and displayed program time all differ and all conspire to stuff up recordings? most noticeably for us on fox crime channel
Hi,

Unfortunately, our Call Centre has no visibility to the backlog and requirements for DPP. What we have been doing is sending the escalations to a team, who compiles a list, and sends it to the outsourced DPP team once a day in order for them to contact the customers. Please PM your details to me and I will escalate it for you.
Old 2015-01-20 , 23:12

Thank you Natasha I have sent you a pm.

Do you have any info concerning whether there are still issues of the EPG and recording "synch" not matching? or should i start a new thread in decoders?

Thanks in advance
regards
Old 2015-01-21 , 06:08

Quote:
Do you have any info concerning whether there are still issues of the EPG and recording "synch" not matching? or should i start a new thread in decoders?
Definitely a query for the PVR Decoders section, and when the EPG info itself is faulty then for the Broadcast Errors section, this one's mostly about call centre and service centre issues
Always best to use separate threads as well.
Old 2015-01-21 , 14:23

alright will do thanks
Old 2015-01-27 , 06:18

Smile Success

Just want to say thanks to MCA CCS Natasha for helping us get our order processed.
Hopefully we shall hear from the couriers soon.

Mods can close this thread.

PS. Just as an aside, perhaps someone should follow up concerning the call center agent telling a customer to stop calling, irrelevant of the reason... Unfortunately don't have the details for the specific agent, though I'm sure there's a recording if someone really wants to check...
Thanks again
Tags
dpp, explora, fail