Old 2012-07-25 , 08:47
Still gets up to change channels

Red face Calling in to the Call Centre

Everytime I call in to the call centre, I have the following issues :
1. I have to enter my ID /Smarcard on the phone keypad, but when some operator answers, they ask me the ID number again. Why is this ?
Then they tell me they cannot help me and transfers me over to XTRAVIEW Dept.
My question is - why can't MC have XTRAVIEW as an option (perhaps button 7 or 8) to press right up front after the first IVR announcement - it really wastes time to go through a "general" section everytime you call.

2. Why doesn't the call centre operators get feedback or told what is happening on the forum - for example - MC Fathima announced a new software version for HD PVR decoders. When I called I spoke to 2 people and none of them was aware of this and really arrogant as they state " Well sir, I am not aware of this". So does this mean if a call centre operator is not aware of it, it does not exist or is not true ?
I would really recommend that some sort of general update of the milestones/highlights of the DSTV Forum be shared with the call centre operators, as we as subscribers talk to them and if they are clueless , it really smacks of bad service at the end of the day.
We are all human and yes processes always need to be streamlined, but these are basics I would recon.

Old 2012-07-25 , 08:58
MultiChoice

Just to mention on your second point - the call centre receives all the updates you do on the Forum. They even receive a full set of Q&As. Unfortunately there are some operators who don't read the messages they receive and don't bother to search their FAQs. This is obviously not acceptable, so if you have a name of the person you spoke to, then we can follow up with them. If you can give us the date and time of your call, we can even pull the call and listen in to see where they went wrong.

I must say that most of the call centre operators are professional and committed to providing a great service. Unfortunately there will always be a few that spoil it.

I will leave MC Bathobile and MCA CCS Natasha to answer your point 1.
Old 2012-07-25 , 09:53
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
Everytime I call in to the call centre, I have the following issues :
1. I have to enter my ID /Smarcard on the phone keypad, but when some operator answers, they ask me the ID number again. Why is this ?
Then they tell me they cannot help me and transfers me over to XTRAVIEW Dept.
My question is - why can't MC have XTRAVIEW as an option (perhaps button 7 or 8) to press right up front after the first IVR announcement - it really wastes time to go through a "general" section everytime you call.

2. Why doesn't the call centre operators get feedback or told what is happening on the forum - for example - MC Fathima announced a new software version for HD PVR decoders. When I called I spoke to 2 people and none of them was aware of this and really arrogant as they state " Well sir, I am not aware of this". So does this mean if a call centre operator is not aware of it, it does not exist or is not true ?
I would really recommend that some sort of general update of the milestones/highlights of the DSTV Forum be shared with the call centre operators, as we as subscribers talk to them and if they are clueless , it really smacks of bad service at the end of the day.
We are all human and yes processes always need to be streamlined, but these are basics I would recon.

Hi,

Regarding the s/card and id validation, we have screenpops that pop up on the agents' desktops, but they do not always access those screenpops. The validation is, at this point, primarily to facilitate the use of self service on the IVR, although we are working on a solution to integrate the information into the business system that the csr's use.
Old 2012-07-26 , 08:28
Still gets up to change channels

Thank you for all the responses. Appreciated.

I have one more question - when a call to the call centre is finish, must the operator press s abutton to get us into the SATISFACTION SURVEY or does this happen atomatically ?

Reason I'm asking : Twice now I waited after a call and there was silence after the call and eventually the call dropped, so no satisfaction survey was reached. I really wanted to use the survey.
Old 2012-07-26 , 10:36
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
Thank you for all the responses. Appreciated.

I have one more question - when a call to the call centre is finish, must the operator press s abutton to get us into the SATISFACTION SURVEY or does this happen atomatically ?

Reason I'm asking : Twice now I waited after a call and there was silence after the call and eventually the call dropped, so no satisfaction survey was reached. I really wanted to use the survey.
Hi Peter,

At this point in time, the agent has to ask you if you'd like to complete the survey and transfer you to the survey. We are in the process of implementing an SMS survey which will allow you to rate the agent, but we're still a couple of months away from launch.