Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Explora - new(?) safety nets bug
Old 2016-03-11 , 17:44
Changes remote batteries hourly

Default Explora - new(?) safety nets bug

There's two settings for the recording Safety Nets.
The first is the user default settings in the menu. (Mine are set to the max 10 minutes for both start and end events.)

It's the second option that this report is about, the individual settings for each recording schedule by selecting EDIT from their OK-button activated sub-menu.

Whenever I'm recording back-to-back events I alter these settings so that there's no end safety net after the first and no start safety net before the second.
This may be unnecessary, I honestly don't know but won't take a chance given that recordings have been known to overrun (even beyond the default safety nets) a number of times in the past.

Today for the first time I noticed that all such individual settings I've already made with current scheduled recordings were reset to the default settings.

Possibly related to the fact that early this morning around 00:45 my Explora tried to do a phantom software upgrade three times. (This phantom problem was reported once before.)
Old 2016-03-11 , 18:10
Changes remote batteries hourly

Default Not directly related suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
...the individual settings for each recording schedule by selecting EDIT from their OK-button activated sub-menu.
While on the subject of this sub-menu, not related to this bug report but I would like to make a suggestion re another of these settings;

One can also edit the program's name of a scheduled recording in advance... but only on EBRs (EPG Based Recordings).
Please consider also making this possible for SBR (Series Based Recording) triggered recording schedules.

I like to add the letters "BKP" (abbreviation for "Backup") to the end of some of these, that way my household knows if they should first check for a CU (Catch Up) version of the program.
Being able to do so before the recording starts would also be most helpful, thanks for your consideration.