Old 2009-04-29 , 14:16
Still listens to the wireless

Default Dstv recording via LG dvd recorder

Hi

I have a standard dstv decoder plus my LG DVD recorder linked to my tv set, however if i record from my dstv via my dvd recorder, it only plays on my own tv and cannot be watched on a different dvd.

Kindly advice as to where my problem could be? It is extremely frustrating that the recorded cd / dvd's only plays on my own tv set.

Thanks
Old 2009-04-29 , 15:27
MultiChoice

As recording and playback on the LG DVD recorder has nothing to do with MultiChoice, I am at a loss as to what the problem could be.
The way you connect to the TV and any error messages that appear on either the TV or DVD recorder, may help in resolving the issue.
Old 2009-04-29 , 16:32
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teunis View Post
Hi

I have a standard dstv decoder plus my LG DVD recorder linked to my tv set, however if i record from my dstv via my dvd recorder, it only plays on my own tv and cannot be watched on a different dvd.

Kindly advice as to where my problem could be? It is extremely frustrating that the recorded cd / dvd's only plays on my own tv set.

Thanks
You recording to DVD discs or the HDD? Sounds you you need to first finalise the DVD discs before playing it in a different DVD player. It will only play on the DVD recorder until you finalise the disc - after which it can be played on other DVD players. Read the instruction manual for further info.
________
Is

Last edited by KingKong; 2011-03-15 at 02:03. .
Old 2009-04-30 , 08:38
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Yes I agree, wire up the DVR in the same way that you would a VCR. Then if you wire from the DVR out, the way you would with a VCR to the other TVs in the house, you should be able to view the recordings in the same way that you would view a tape.
Check also if you can leave the DVR on when you've set it to 'time record'. If you can't then you won't be able to view 'live' programming through it and you'll have to set up a separate channel to view 'live' programming.
If you're writing to disc to play on a DVD playback machine, then you have to 'finalise' the disc. What this does is add some extra coding to the disc to make it playable on an ordinary DVD player. Remember though that these discs don't always play back. For some reason, sometimes they don't play back, even on the machine that recorded them, so don't rely on them, rather if you really want a movie, buy an original disc.
I alsmost lost all my home movies because of this problem, luckily I copied them to my computer and stored them there, because the discs, even finalised became unplayable.
Old 2009-04-30 , 14:04

Unhappy Confused

Vebidia, I slightly don't understand what you mean, but what I can tell you is this.....
All wires / cables are inserted correctly as per manual, but yet when I record from the channels (say e.g. channel 305 - standard 1110 decoder) and afterwards when I try and watch it on my dvd, it works, but as soon as I take the disc out and insert it into another dvd in the house, it just loads, but does not play or it says no disc. So somewhere there is a major (or not so major) problem with the recording and that is what I am trying to figure out.
Old 2009-04-30 , 14:13

Teunis...The problem lies in that the LG recorder is not writing a DVD image that the other DVDs can read. Look at the manual that came with the LG to see what options you have to write a standard ISO type DVD.
90cm dish; ALL nailed by LIGHTNING 23 Nov ====>[[[[LMX502 ; Explora as Primary in lounge, HD-PVR2 in flat; XV heartbeat via RF outs; Samsung 60LED7000 via HDMI and Sony 42" 576p panel via composite; Flat has 32" Hi-Sense. Denon AVRX1100 configured for 5.1; Sony BluRay; WD media player; All using HDMI/optical/coax.]]]]]
Old 2009-04-30 , 14:18

Default Thx

Will try that & revert with the outcome... Thanks
Old 2009-04-30 , 15:06

Have you been finalising the discs or not? It's also entirely possible the other DVD player doesn't support that disc type. What are you using? DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW?
________
Nevada medical marijuana dispensary

Last edited by KingKong; 2011-03-15 at 02:03. .
Old 2009-05-03 , 12:33
Knows how to use a remote

My LG DVD recorder had two options when writing to DVD: "Recording" mode and "Movie" mode (if I remember correctly - since getting the PVR it has fallen out of use) and according to the manual you had to use movie mode if you wanted to view the DVDs on other DVD players.
Old 2009-05-04 , 15:22
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Then that's the problem. It seems that your machine doesn't need the discs to be 'finished' or 'finalised' for you to watch them on another machine.
If you have an HDD on your DVR, then record from the disc, back to the hard drive, then write to another disc using the 'movie' setting, that will fix it, you will waste the first disc though but that should fix it.