Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > HD 2P PVR Rebooting
Old 2017-11-27 , 14:17
Changes remote batteries daily

Default HD 2P PVR Rebooting

I am starting a new thread regarding the old rebooting problem.

The decoder seem to be more stable now but I am not sure if it is a result of the changes made to the weather and news app or just because it is now the secondary decoder on the XV setup.

Because the Explora which I switched to after becoming fed-up with the 2P rebooting problem the usage of the 2P has been reduced by about 90% being a house hold of 2 only.

What is noticeable is that the 2P still reboots after the news app has bee used a few times. Also as noted elsewhere by BB there are some unexplained reboots and some of these coincide with the reboot times experienced by the SD decoder users.

What I have also noticed during the weekend is that there is only 6 CU titles on my decoder. See my screenshot. Since then Carte Blanch has been added.

The decoder has not been switched off neither has any settings been changed.
Old 2017-11-27 , 14:20

Apologies forgot to load the screen shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2P CU.jpg (313.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 2017-11-27 , 14:41

I have not noticed any reboots on my 2P but hardly ever use it nowadays - and I don't use the app at all but I also have only the same 7 titles on CatchUp (and 17 port titles) - there is clearly a problem delivering to the 2P.

My 2P has 14 titles on Box Office.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-11-27 , 16:18

Thanks for confirming the CU problem Krugie.

We also hardly use the HD 2P. But having said that I did make a point of using the News app at least once a day for a few weeks just to satisfy myself that the problem was solved.

Before I use the app I have a look on the "Information Central" screen to see when the decoder last rebooted. Currently the last reboot reflected is 25 November at 08:08.

Since then I have used the news app 3 times. on 25,26 and today. On 25 November I used the news app at around 07:00

00 but the reboot about an hour later may have been unrelated, I cannot say it was caused by using the app.

Last edited by Jan Horn; 2017-11-27 at 20:42. .
Old 2017-11-27 , 17:54
4K, baby!

I use my 2P decoder fairly intensively every day. Either watching recorded programes or live. (My Explora is the Primary Decoder while the 2P is the Secondary one). I am still avoiding using the weather/news/sports apps on this decoder.

14 Titles on Box Office(which I never use)
7 Titles on Catch Up What happened to all the other titles which were there?

Last Reboot was on 25/11 at 00:21

Jan, I would hazard a guess that your reboots are still being caused by the apps. I too have been taking the occasional look at when reboots happen but haven't been keeping a record of them. Although they do still occur they are not as frequent, I don't think, as I was once experiencing. Maybe one every couple of days. Remember my decoder is on basically from morning to night. Even when I'm not in the room I leave everything running. Decoder and tv.
Old 2017-12-01 , 09:18
MultiChoice

Folks so it seems that due to many shows going on production break and only coming back in January, your catalogue on the 2P is up to date. The content team are loading more and new shows for you, starting this weekend.

Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by MC Marietjie; 2017-12-01 at 09:25. .
Old 2018-01-12 , 15:21
4K, baby!

So, after not using the interactive menu for the weather, news and sports apps, (press ok on the remote and navigate to these menus), for months today I decide to give them a try. What happens?

Picture on tv freezes and the loading "circle" goes on and on without getting to the news app that I was wanting. Had to end up doing a manual reboot to get out of it.

Guess I'll be doing without these apps again.
Old 2017-11-27 , 21:38

@ MC is there any reason why we only have 7 titles on CU on the HD PVR 2Pdecoders?
Old 2017-11-28 , 09:49
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Horn View Post
@ MC is there any reason why we only have 7 titles on CU on the HD PVR 2Pdecoders?
Just did another check on the number of catch up titles available to me on my 2P decoder and there has been no change to yesterday's totals. Still SEVEN!!!. But no further reboot has taken place since the one mentioned in my earlier post.
Old 2017-11-28 , 11:01

The loos of CU titles is not a big issue with us because our main viewing is the Explora primary decoder. But my daughter uses CU as her main source of viewing and this is causing an issue for them.

Is this now also the end of the line for the HD PVR 2P or will MC sort this out.

None of the Mods sofar cared to respond