Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > Keeping the viewer informed (Explora)
Old 2017-10-01 , 12:31
Changes remote batteries hourly

Lightbulb Keeping the viewer informed (Explora)

I'm posting this here as I think it's the best place to discuss it and maybe get backup from the EPG team as well, then it could be passed on to the Corporate & BTD decision makers and hopefully the programmers.

This has happened before, I'm sure to others as well.
I wanted to see just one episode (E04) of the series Brad Meltzer's Lost History on 186 History Channel that was scheduled as repeating tonight (Sunday), so set an EBR, which was preferred to the CU+ download option in this case.

Yesterday the entry vanished.
I only noticed as I keep a total-schedules number in my head daily ( ), but it still took me hours to retrace my steps and realise it was that that had gone missing. I would have otherwise not noticed and lost out.

The episode is not currently being repeated anymore.
So the idea is for more intelligent software - let a report of such an automatic alteration appear in another tab, perhaps called "changes log". And that tab's title is made bold when there are unread reports.
If something like that existed then others would have realised the change anyway and made the alternative plan to download from CU+ in this case.

Too complicated? Necessary?
Comments from any and all are very welcome, please do.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-10-01 at 12:39. . Reason: Tidy up