Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > What On Earth is going on Discovery?
Old 2017-10-02 , 10:04
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Regardless of parental controls in place, the code of conduct we sign with the National Association of Broadcasters prohibits us from airing sensitive content early in prime time. Most international channels are aware of this and so are particularly careful about how they schedule their content, preferring to air on the side of caution.
Old 2017-10-02 , 10:15
Changes remote batteries hourly

Thanks for the further feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Trisan View Post
Regardless of parental controls in place, the code of conduct we sign with the National Association of Broadcasters prohibits us from airing sensitive content early in prime time.
My point is, if MC make it less justified for the authority to be able to point fingers with any degree of logic then they may cave in re this overdone (in many people's opinions) rule.
It has been making the organising of series a progressively worse nightmare, particularly for adult viewers.

I'm just putting these thoughts out there, I neither blame MC or any broadcaster for cooperating, nor any parent for being concerned of course, nor expecting changes... but certainly hope there are ways to move positively forward.
Old 2017-10-02 , 10:20

We'll take your comments under advisement and forward them to our content department.
Old 2017-10-12 , 08:53

I'm posting this epilogue to assist any others watching the series, but I suppose it does also help drive the general concerns home about this kind of confusion.

Tonight is E20.

There's no entry for next Wed. night.
This could mean the end of the season (my presumption now), or another age restricted shuffle as yet not understood.
It's not possible to check further on the online guide yet as it doesn't have a day 15 - will check tomorrow (if there's no feedback, which I'm not asking for) and post more if the season is continuing after all on the 26th.
Their FaceBook page doesn't help me, in cases like this I wonder why they don't rather have a normal website like many other channels.

How do we avoid issues like this? No idea, it may be fair to ask the channel to always mention when a season is ending in their synopsis but that might be considered adding too much complexity for the easy flow of info :-)

Interesting how the direction of this thread keeps changing, not by design I assure you
Old 2017-10-12 , 09:20
Changes remote batteries daily

I might be getting the wrong end of the stick here. But Discovery channel has got a website

http://www.discoveryafrica.com/discovery/home

Explora
Old 2017-10-12 , 09:32

Thanks very much JP.

I was using the link in the online guide's "Channels" sub-section, perhaps it would be better to use this link there MC?

Unfortunately their site only has a guide for today, and it only shows the current program being broadcast for all their channels
Can't find What On Earth info, and there's no search engine. Their sitemap doesn't work, just shows the contents of an XML file.
*sigh*
Old 2017-10-12 , 09:47

Just to round off the picture of a user's difficulty;

no what on earth info.jpg
Old 2017-10-12 , 10:13

Hello

Episode 20 is the end of the current season. Repeats will air from 25 October (episode 9, Ghost of Zorro). Other repeat episodes will air in late night/very early morning slots thereafter.