Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > BBC Brit EPG problems - 3 Oct
Old 2017-09-26 , 17:34
Changes remote batteries daily

Default BBC Brit EPG problems - 3 Oct

On Tuesday 3 October, Michael McIntyre's Big Show episode 5 (20h00) is not being picked up by Series Recording - something is wrong in the EPG info.

Season 2 of Citizen Khan starts on the same channel same night at 21H00 - series recording is allowed but in the Season Manager it does not show the season number and on Scheduled Recordings it only shows Ep1 instead of S2 Ep1.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-09-26 , 18:09
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Hello

Michael McIntyre's Big Show is correctly linked on the EPG and nothing has changed with the show since the current season premiered. If your decoder hasn't added the episode by tomorrow then please let us know here.
Similarly Citizen Khan is correctly linked and labelled on our systems. It sounds like something may be wrong with your decoder.
As a first step, try rebooting. It may be that something went wrong when your decoder received the new day's EPG information today.
Old 2017-09-26 , 18:33

Thanks for the reply. I still believe something is wrong though - I have the same problem with both shows on two different Exploras so I don't believe it can be decoder related.

Today's episode 4 is picked up by my series recording and next weeks episode 5 is not. It will not be the 1st time something like this has been loaded wrong on the EPG. It always picks up new episodes at the time a new day is added to the EPG - it has never been required to wait an extra day to see whether it does. and episodes of other series for the same day are all showing/being picked up.

Similarly for the season number on Citizen Khan - the same issue exists on two different Exploras and the season number ALWAYS shows the moment you add a show to the series calendar. If you go to an Explora right now and set series recording for season 2 next week Tue and then go to the Season Manager you will see that you get the same issue - no season number showing.

EDIT: A reboot also made no difference with either of the 2 problems.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.

Last edited by Krugie; 2017-09-26 at 18:37. .
Old 2017-09-26 , 20:07

There was an EPG update and both issues are now resolved. I had to delete my new series recording from earlier today for Citizen Khan and reset it though since episode 1 was no longer scheduled to record.
Old 2017-09-27 , 11:20
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Hello
Our apologies. The EPG was correct, but we suspect it may have been an issue with the system that updates the EPG on decoders. It does appear to be resolved now. I had set a recording for Citizen Khan yesterday and saw the behaviour you described, though episode 1 was still scheduled to record on our decoder this morning.
Thank you for reporting, we'll keep an eye out for any recurrence of this issue.
Old 2017-09-27 , 17:25
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Trisan View Post
...we suspect it may have been an issue with the system that updates the EPG on decoders.
Another possibly related problem I've just noticed, else it's a software bug.

I only record Wednesday nights' Jay Leno's Garage S02 on BBC Brit when they repeat the episode just after 00:00 on Fridays.
For this week's episode - sometime today I think the time was adjusted by a few minutes, but instead my Explora rescheduled it for an even later repeat slot even though there was nothing that could clash with the (presumed) new times for my preferred slot.

No reply needed, I simply rescheduled again, but this kind of thing (which is hardly rare) is what makes me and others nervous of these automation efforts...

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-09-27 at 17:29. . Reason: Forgot to confirm it's on the same channel