Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > "Combination" synopsis
Old 2017-10-06 , 15:14
Changes remote batteries hourly

Default "Combination" synopsis

Hi team,

This Playlist item on my Explora 1 for this morning's QI episode is very, very odd...

Strange synopsis 1.jpg

Although the info on top is correct, the part circled in red is actually instead information for the previous program broadcast - Dragons' Den

Can only be one of the bugs that lead to our troubles, hope this helps to seriously sort things out.

(BTW, for those who don't know, re the name given to the recording; "QI (M)" - the "(M)" just means it was a manual recording so nothing is wrong with that.)
Old 2017-10-06 , 15:28

Another point I need to make clear - the times given in the incorrect section is the correct times I had set for the actual program being recorded (includes adding some of my own safety net space).
Old 2017-10-06 , 16:24
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Hello

I suspect the decoder became confused because Dragon's Den was still on when the recording had started (the final start time for QI was 11:47). Manual recordings don't track specific programmes, but the timeslots you've set them for. I'll send this on to the decoder team, thanks for the screenshot.
Old 2017-10-06 , 22:28

Later I discovered that the same thing happened with the early evening QI E16, and also with my lunchtime MR's for the repeat run of Graham Norton S21 yesterday & today. All on ch. 120, no MR's used for anything else.

I can't say for certain this has never happened before but I would think that if not me then at least someone else reading the details would have noticed it.

In the morning I'm MR recording Click from 400 BBC World as usual, will confirm if the same.
Old 2017-10-07 , 09:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
In the morning I'm MR recording Click from 400 BBC World as usual, will confirm if the same.
Yep, appears to be an all-circumstances mistake with MR's that have a start safety net.
Has now been checked with once-off, and recurring weekly & weekdays MR's.

One other thing to clarify for the decoder team - this bug is only seen when just examining static Playlist items, as soon as someone starts watching one of them then the synopsis for that being-viewed item is correct.

Thanks for passing it on Trisan.