Old 2010-09-20 , 12:14
Still gets up to change channels

Default Incorrect debit order against my account

Poor service? – the service is diabolical!

5 months after I paid a year’s subscription in advance, they put through a debit order for R4486.49.

Despite speaking to “Nonhlanhla”on the 3rd, “Tebogoe” and supervisor “Ntsoaki” on the 6th, “Sylvester” on the 14th and “Tsholofelo”.today, I have been unable to get a refund.

All I get is a total run around and promises.

Every time I am told the “cheque is in the post”, and the letter to confirm that they have permanently cancelled the debit order is also “in the post”. Nothing arrives.

The money will reflect in my account on the 6th, then on the 16th, and the latest story is the 22nd. Like hell it will.

Today I was given a telephone number to complain about customer service (?) – 011-289-1920 – the number does not even exist.

They turn people over to attorneys in a jiffy, but simply steal money out of my account. Is there no penalty for abusing a debit order in your possession?

Cannot wait for the day they get real opposition or simply go bust.
Old 2010-09-20 , 14:50
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Hi bertie0007

Sorry for the inconvenience and the run around. Please PM your account details.
Old 2010-09-20 , 22:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie0007 View Post
Poor service? – the service is diabolical!

5 months after I paid a year’s subscription in advance, they put through a debit order for R4486.49.

Despite speaking to “Nonhlanhla”on the 3rd, “Tebogoe” and supervisor “Ntsoaki” on the 6th, “Sylvester” on the 14th and “Tsholofelo”.today, I have been unable to get a refund.

All I get is a total run around and promises.

Every time I am told the “cheque is in the post”, and the letter to confirm that they have permanently cancelled the debit order is also “in the post”. Nothing arrives.

The money will reflect in my account on the 6th, then on the 16th, and the latest story is the 22nd. Like hell it will.

Today I was given a telephone number to complain about customer service (?) – 011-289-1920 – the number does not even exist.

They turn people over to attorneys in a jiffy, but simply steal money out of my account. Is there no penalty for abusing a debit order in your possession?

Cannot wait for the day they get real opposition or simply go bust.
Hi Bertie,

As MC Bathobile said, we apologise for the run around. We will definitely investigate and escalate the matter to the Call Centre manager. My understanding is that refund cheques normally take apprximately 7 - 10 days to issue.
Old 2010-09-23 , 10:48
Still gets up to change channels

Today is the 23rd., 3 weeks after R4400 was illegally taken from my account – still promises, promises.

“Cheque is in the post” has got a new meaning – and that from such a “big” organisation. Carte Blanche should investigate. (ha ha). Ever heard of EFT?

I tried to save a R550 by paying a year in advance – it has since cost me R6 for an illegal debit order, 2x R100 penalties from my bank for not having sufficient funds to cover two legal debit orders, (R4400 illegally taken by multichoice), and a bank charge of R33 a month for the next couple of months so that I can reverse any more illegal debit orders put through by multichoice – a total of R239 – not much left of the saving is there?

I am yet to receive the official notification that multichoice will desist from submitting any more illegal debit orders (promised by Sylvester on the 18th and tsholofelo on the 20th)

The complaint has been escalated ?

And answer me one simple question – how the hell did you get to an amount of R4486.72? The debit order that was initially signed was for a monthly subscription of R500 odd.
Old 2010-09-23 , 11:25
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie0007 View Post
Today is the 23rd., 3 weeks after R4400 was illegally taken from my account – still promises, promises.

“Cheque is in the post” has got a new meaning – and that from such a “big” organisation. Carte Blanche should investigate. (ha ha). Ever heard of EFT?

I tried to save a R550 by paying a year in advance – it has since cost me R6 for an illegal debit order, 2x R100 penalties from my bank for not having sufficient funds to cover two legal debit orders, (R4400 illegally taken by multichoice), and a bank charge of R33 a month for the next couple of months so that I can reverse any more illegal debit orders put through by multichoice – a total of R239 – not much left of the saving is there?

I am yet to receive the official notification that multichoice will desist from submitting any more illegal debit orders (promised by Sylvester on the 18th and tsholofelo on the 20th)

The complaint has been escalated ?

And answer me one simple question – how the hell did you get to an amount of R4486.72? The debit order that was initially signed was for a monthly subscription of R500 odd.
Did you send a Personal Message to the ladies as requested with your details? These 2 are normally very responsive?
Also why not just go to the bank and ask them to reverse the debit order. I think you need to do with 7 days. I have done that before.

G
Old 2010-09-23 , 11:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Did you send a Personal Message to the ladies as requested with your details? These 2 are normally very responsive?
Also why not just go to the bank and ask them to reverse the debit order. I think you need to do with 7 days. I have done that before.

G
Hi Guys,

I've checked my Inbox, and I don't have any details. MC Bathobile has also asked to have the information PM'd through so that we can investigate and address the problems, please.