Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Service Queries > Service Queries > Swop Out Quality Of 4 Tuner Pace Shocking
Old 2012-03-10 , 12:45
Still gets up to change channels

Default Swop Out Quality Of 4 Tuner Pace Shocking

I have/had a original 4 tuner Pace since they came out. I say have/had because just recently about 3 weeks ago, it finally gave up and I took it to get swopped out.

The original one besides getting extremely hot and then sometimes hanging, it was almost perfect and we learned to live with the odd bugs. BTW I used 2 laptop coolers to keep the unit cool and this seemed to work a charm.

Since I got a swop out its even worse, The unit will continuously "lock" up and i need to reset it, as a result missing out on recordings that have been set. Also non of the VOD will play, they all start and then after about 7 seconds it gets stuck. I suspect this swop out has a dodgy hard drive.

My question to you MC if you are monitoring this thread, is who can I come and see at Randburg, who has some authority, so that i can get this sorted out?

Its a huge mission when you have to get the decoder replaced as it took me 24 hours last time round, just to get the extra view to work again after the decoder was swopped out. (I have it hooked up to a SD PVR and BTW this one is over 4 years old and never given a days problem).

Its also such a hassle to disconnect the millions of cables and then have to reconnect them all again and you also loose all recorded content. So MS PLEASE help to get this resolved properly the second time around.

BTW the agent in Dowerglen that I took it to the first time, made me pay an additional R30 for an admin fee, even though I have DCC?
Old 2012-03-12 , 13:58
Has to hide the DStv remote from the little one.

just save yourself the frustration, and go get another swapped unit, and hold thumbs that its not broken as well
Old 2012-03-12 , 14:04
Technical Myriad

Unfortunately, your tale of woe repeats itself more often than not. And the process is pretty cumbersome at an Agency, who apparently have no easy way to "hold stock".

It is a little better at MC offices, because you can insist that the unit is properly tested in front of you and mostly, if the unit survives the first 30 - 40 minutes, it will probably be okay. The trick is to get the counter operator to sit with it "on-the-bench" for that length of time.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2012-03-14 , 23:02

Funny you mention this, but I have had the same issues. Bought a brand new UEC decoder and everything was 100's. Not even a 2 days later and the decoder broke. The decoder worked and everything was fine until one day the decoder kept restarting and rebooting and the restarting continuously. Went to multichoice and managed to get a swop out. Everything was working until the decoder was installed. worked for a day until the recordings wouldn't play and a smart card error message came up. Took it back after the call center couldn't help me. Got a swop out again, got home and again the recordings wouldn't record now (before they world play, just with a smart card error message). Phoned the call center and was told to return the unit. This was the same day that i got the unit. This is now the 4th decoder im going on to. Eventually gave up on multichoice and bought a 2tuner hd decoder. Now im R5000 down and after all the trouble i have 1 decoder that actually works. bearing in mind that the original decoder was only 2 days old when it decided to pack up. Multichoice took no note of this and just gave me a refurbished one. now i have a UEC decoder that is just lying here and unusable. service was shocking and i'm utterly disgusted at their swop out services.

What made it even worse was how they set up extra view with cables that are perished and broken, the tv's are all broken. Some don't even have a HDMI cable to test the HDMI port, and the way that tv-links are enabled but no dc-block installed. They didn't even know what a dc-block was. I had to teach the person helping me and got cocky service when i showed them how certain things were done.

Honestly wish i didnt have to go threw this at all.

Lets not get started at getting the decoders changed to someone elses name. They dont even bother doing what you ask them to do.
Old 2012-03-15 , 05:45
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Hi,

Pls PM your details to me. Policy states that if your device is faulty within 60 days of purchase, then you return it to the place of purchase and they have to issue you with a new decoder. So, for example, if you bought it at Makro, then Makro would have to give you a new decoder. If you bought it at MultiChoice, then we would have to give you a new decoder.
Old 2012-03-15 , 10:45
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTV Freak View Post
.......Bought a brand new UEC decoder and everything was 100's.......
Hi DSTV Freak, where did you find a NEW UEC 4-Tuner?? These have not been readily available new for well over a year? so maybe a trade-in, or return? I see you talk about changing ownership; was this concerning the UEC?

Cheers, K

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2012-03-15 at 17:20. .
Old 2012-03-15 , 21:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA CCS Natasha View Post
Hi,

Pls PM your details to me. Policy states that if your device is faulty within 60 days of purchase, then you return it to the place of purchase and they have to issue you with a new decoder. So, for example, if you bought it at Makro, then Makro would have to give you a new decoder. If you bought it at MultiChoice, then we would have to give you a new decoder.
I bought it at Ellies/Elsat. They subsequently terminated the sale of those decoders after I bought it. Thought they could not help me if they don't sell them anymore.
Old 2012-03-15 , 21:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Hi DSTV Freak, where did you find a NEW UEC 4-Tuner?? These have not been readily available new for well over a year? so maybe a trade-in, or return? I see you talk about changing ownership; was this concerning the UEC?

Cheers, K
I bought it at Ellies/Elsat. Buy some of my supplies for my business from them. They were literally phasing the UEC decoders out completely just as i bought it. Didn't know this at the time. When i went to get some supplies i asked the guy and he told me that they sent the rest back and they don't stock them. Was prob the last person to get a NEW UEC.
Old 2012-03-19 , 07:02
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA CCS Natasha View Post
Hi,

I hope your staff know that. My "new"/3 week old HD decoder has given me more than I can handle. Now it just flatly refuses to record anything. Pool....Randburg...pool...Randburg....hmmmm
L26 - heaven only knows how it got that SW version. I hope it includes diving.