Forum > Content > Sport > World Cricket
Old 2018-02-15 , 09:22
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Kohli gets away with a lot because he is an Indian player. ICC is run by the Indians just like the FA is run by manchester united. You really know which teams to support don't you?
Now now BB - lets keep it real, you know that India is playing good cricket and they are dominating World Cricket especially in Test & ODIs, not so much in the T20 but I guess the IPL make amends for that. Unfortunately what you say is true, the BCCI runs world cricket despite the ICC being in place, the BCCI dictates to the ICC but take nothing away from the players and the coaching staff of India - they are making waves. You know no matter what happens, MU will always be Liverpool's nemesis and vice versa
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2018-02-15 , 09:44

Quote:
Wasn't aware of any bad sledging or swearing in the game so cannot comment on what happened with Rabada. Still, old school, and think that there's nothing wrong with a bit of sledging. Guess that would also include swearing which has become common place in our society these days. Suits making the game far too 'soft'.
I'm OK with sledging as long as there's some thought that's gone into to and it's not just a string of abuse. I think that's what the ICC are trying to clamp down on, especially because there may have been some incidents which came close to (or perhaps even were) racial abuse.

I'm not entirely sure how Kohli gets away with it - maybe he's less blatant about directing it towards the batsman, so he manages to just stay on the right side of the line to avoid being punished.
Old 2018-02-15 , 11:25
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Virat Kohli can say and do as he pleases. And if there is a 50-50 call with him involved, for whatever reason it goes his way. On several occasions in this series there have been third umpire decisions where there is absolutely no way the on-field decision could be shown to be definitively wrong (there was a caught behind off him where he hit his pad at the same time, how do you conclusively say that no part of the spike on snicko was not bat on ball?), yet it's been overturned. Rule for everyone else is that unless it's 100% definitive, the onfield decision stands, for Kohli, it's what's in his best interests.

Having said all that, I don't believe the decisions have materially affected the outcome of the series. The Proteas have been abjectly poor in all facets of play, and the only change would've been the margin of victory by the Indians.

To give an indication of how bad they've been, I've frequently found myself watching Masterchef Australia or even Curling from the Winter Olympics instead...
Old 2018-02-15 , 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeII View Post
To give an indication of how bad they've been, I've frequently found myself watching Masterchef Australia or even Curling from the Winter Olympics instead...
(OffTopic)
I actually enjoyed curling. Thought of asking the wife why she can't handle a broom like that...then self-preservation took over and MCA is a longtime favourite of mine.
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)

Last edited by Luke7777; 2018-02-15 at 11:49. .
Old 2018-02-15 , 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke7777 View Post
(OffTopic)
I actually enjoyed curling. Thought of asking the wife why she can't handle a broom like that...then self-preservation took over and MCA is a longtime favourite of mine.
Hehehe - I never watch the Winter Olympics because that does not interest me however whilst surfing through the channels last night, I watch the back end of the highlights of Curling and was amazed how women can actually clean a place
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old Yesterday , 18:19
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Well this is just getting downright embarrassing. Once again India SHELLACK the Proteas. I'm sure much to Flynn's delight. To date the Proteas have been completely outplayed in all the matches on this tour. Maybe managed a win or two but nowhere near good enough to even be on the same field as this Indian side.
I'm not here to slate the Proteas but would rather just say well played India. Thoroughly deserve your victories.

Cannot really see things picking up for the Proteas against the Australians either. Come back Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. Looks like that's where our level is.
Old Today , 09:22

Quote:
Cannot really see things picking up for the Proteas against the Australians either.
Although we're only playing tests against Australia. So I don't know how much bearing the results of the ODIs and T20s will have on that, especially since the test team will have a different make-up.
Old Today , 09:33
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citanul View Post
Although we're only playing tests against Australia. So I don't know how much bearing the results of the ODIs and T20s will have on that, especially since the test team will have a different make-up.
I hope we'll do better against the Aussies but quite frankly I don't see that happening. The Australians have a well balanced side with some good batsmen and quality bowlers with Lyon being a more than able spin bowler. Their quicks are as fast, if not faster, than ours and in Smith they have their own Kohli. Our players will need to improve remarkably from how they've performed against India to stand any chance. But we live in hope.
Old Today , 11:17

Quote:
I hope we'll do better against the Aussies but quite frankly I don't see that happening. The Australians have a well balanced side with some good batsmen and quality bowlers with Lyon being a more than able spin bowler. Their quicks are as fast, if not faster, than ours and in Smith they have their own Kohli. Our players will need to improve remarkably from how they've performed against India to stand any chance. But we live in hope.
I don't think there's a lot to choose between the two sides. I'm inclined to say that we've got the edge on the bowling front with Philander and Rabada upfront and support from Morkel/Ngidi, while I believe that Maharaj is underrated a little as a bowler, although I don't think there's a significant gap between the two bowling attacks.

As for batting, we will need to improve on our performance in the tests against India (although better pitches will help there), but I think that we can do it. And while it's fair to say that we're not as strong as we used to be, I would also say that we're a long way off from only being able to beat Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

I think the warm-up match starting on Thursday is going to be very interesting as it's a strong South Africa A side that's been picked, so that may give some idea as to what our depth is like and which players might be prospects for higher honours in the future.