Old 2010-02-20 , 11:42
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Program macro for Sony KLV-40S400A TV

I have succesfully program macro's into my HDPVR remote control. But let me explain my problem with my Sony KLV-40S400A LCD TV. To change the TV input you need to press the input button a number of times until the input you want is highlighted. So depending on my current input these number of button presses differ. I got basic three environments HD,SD end Xbox. If I am on HD and want SD I need 4 presses, but to go to Xbox I need 2. So I aways needs to know where I am first.

I saw that people with the Harmony remote also have macros to Watch TV or Play games or Watch DVD etc. I cannot randomly execute macros. How does you overcome this problem on the Harmony?
Old 2010-02-20 , 12:58
It was a dark and stormy night.
(But because his installation was sound, his DStv reception was perfect.)

On the Harmony all the setting up is done with the remote connected to a USB port on your computer and an Internet connection to Logitech. You select all the devices that need to be on for any particular activity and what inputs etc. have to be selected. Once you've set up all the activities with all the selected devices the whole thing is downloaded onto the remote.
Old 2010-02-20 , 13:17
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennethM View Post
On the Harmony all the setting up is done with the remote connected to a USB port on your computer and an Internet connection to Logitech. You select all the devices that need to be on for any particular activity and what inputs etc. have to be selected. Once you've set up all the activities with all the selected devices the whole thing is downloaded onto the remote.
Does this mean for example I want to watch HD for my TV I will select HDMI2 and the Harmony will work out how many move through the list of available inputs it requires to get to HDMI2 if it is currently lets say on AV1?
Old 2010-02-20 , 14:09
It was a dark and stormy night.
(But because his installation was sound, his DStv reception was perfect.)

The set-up asks how the device reacts. I.e. sequential or seperate button. I have no problems when I push the "watch TV" activity button for example the Harmony switches on my Sony KLV-40 and my Sony 5200ES amp with both set to the correct input. The Harmony software is very easy to use and you can fine-tune it at will.
Old 2010-02-21 , 20:58
MultiChoice

Unless the TV / AMP has a default setting when you switch it on, or discrete commands for specific inputs (to use as starting position), there is no way to program a macro to always bring you to the correct input without two-way communication with the device.

If the Logitec can do it on the Sony there must be a command that can select a specific input.