Old 2013-07-09 , 13:11
Still gets up to change channels

Default Split extra View signal to 3rd TV

Hi There,

I just need some advice on a relatively simple issue. I have a HD PVR2P on my main TV and then I have ExtraView on a DSD1131 decoder running to my bedroom with the second TV.

I have now purchased a 3rd TV for my lapa and I want to view whatever is displaying on TV2 on TV3 in the lapa.

I want to know what is the best solution? The lapa is about 25 metres away from the TV2.

Option 1 ) Running a cable (which one ? RF or AV? ) from the second decoder to TV3 in the lapa? Do I split it from AV out/RF out from the decoder to the 3rd TV?

Option 2) Using a Wireless A/V transmitter/receiver? I have seen some of these devices but not sure the quality can be trusted?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Regards

Jannas
Old 2013-07-09 , 13:19
Technical Myriad

The "normal" way would be to distribute RF to the 3rd Tv but then it depends on HOW your current installation looks like as to the best way to do this and what exactly you want to view in the LAPA.

We can advise you if you provide more detail on the RF options.

(1) where are the decoders situated? In the same room or in sep rooms?( 2) How does the HB cable run connecting the 2 decoders together?
( 3) Which ports are used on both decoders?

The other ways are to simply extend HDMI, AV etc to the lapa. there are others on the froum who will respond to this aspect.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2013-07-09 at 17:18. .
Old 2013-07-09 , 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
The "normal" way would be to distribute RF to the 3rd Tv but then it depends on HOW your current installtion looks like as to the best way to do this and what exactly you want to view in the LAPA.

We can advise you if you provide more detail on the RF options.

(1) where are the decoders situated? In the same room or in sep rooms?( 2) How does the HB cable run connecting the 2 decoders together?
( 3) Which ports are used on both decoders?

The other ways are to simply extend HDMI, AV etc to the lapa. there are other on the froum who will reposnd to this aspect.
Hi Geoff,

Basically all I want to do is watch sport (rugby,tennis cricket) in the lapa,so 1st prize would be to be able to change channels in the lapa on the 3rd TV, however I will be happy to set the 2nd TV to a channel and watch that in the lapa. To answer your questions :

1)Separate rooms . The HD PVR 2P is in the living room and the ExtraView DSD1131 in the bedroom. The 3rd TV is in the lapa 2)The HB cable runs from RF in (on HD PVR) to RF out(on the DSD1131).
3)On the DSD1131 the LNB IN ,RF out and the AV out (to the 2nd TV) ports are used,only free port is RF IN.
On the HD PVR 2P the following ports are used: Sat1 and 2 (satCRT) In, HDMI,RF IN . The free ports on the HD PVR is RF out and the AV out ports.

My new TV for the lapa has got a Aerial IN (RF), AV composite ports and HDMI ports avail.
Old 2013-07-09 , 22:29
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannas007 View Post
Hi There,

I just need some advice on a relatively simple issue. I have a HD PVR2P on my main TV and then I have ExtraView on a DSD1131 decoder running to my bedroom with the second TV.

I have now purchased a 3rd TV for my lapa and I want to view whatever is displaying on TV2 on TV3 in the lapa.

I want to know what is the best solution? The lapa is about 25 metres away from the TV2.

Option 1 ) Running a cable (which one ? RF or AV? ) from the second decoder to TV3 in the lapa? Do I split it from AV out/RF out from the decoder to the 3rd TV?

Option 2) Using a Wireless A/V transmitter/receiver? I have seen some of these devices but not sure the quality can be trusted?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Regards

Jannas
You also get CAT5 Wired AV Extenders which are great. RF isnt the best quality.

Wireless are units are prone to interference, Samsung has a 5GHz model but a little pricey.

Have a look at HD Cabling site
Old 2013-07-09 , 23:35

Thanks for the info, I was busy googling and also found the HDMI extenders over Cat5/6 cable. however in my case I will need the AV extender over cat 5/6 since I am splitting from my second decoder which is SD.

Is there AV splitters available as well, since I need to split the signal from the second decoder to tv2 and then via the AV extender to Tv 3 in my lapa?

Do you have an idea where I can buy this equipment?
Old 2013-07-10 , 09:39
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannas007 View Post
Thanks for the info, I was busy googling and also found the HDMI extenders over Cat5/6 cable. however in my case I will need the AV extender over cat 5/6 since I am splitting from my second decoder which is SD.

Is there AV splitters available as well, since I need to split the signal from the second decoder to tv2 and then via the AV extender to Tv 3 in my lapa?

Do you have an idea where I can buy this equipment?
Yes to AV stuff as per my suggestion, did you look at HDCabling?
www.hdcabling.co.za
Old 2013-07-10 , 09:55

Yes thanks it seems as if they have everything I would need.Thanks for all the help!
Tags
3rd tv connection