Forum > Decoders > Remotes > A7 Remote not transmitting over IR
Old 2017-01-11 , 10:53
Still gets up to change channels
Default A7 Remote not transmitting over IR

I have had a problem with my A7 remote. I have an HDMI extender over CAT6 with IR function to another room. This has been in and worked for 4 years+. I found my IR control, with the A7, stopped working last week after a few months of using it upstairs. (downstairs I still use the A6 for both Explora's) After lots of route cause analysis, I bought a new HDMI extender with IR, installed it and found I still could not get the remote to work. After much knashing of teeth and experimentation, I then used my old A6 remote upstairs and bingo, IR transmit worked again. I can use the A7 if I am sitting in front of the decoder, but it does not work over IR extend anymore.
Does anyone know if the A7 remote can "go out of phase"?
Explora(primary) Explora 2A (secondary), Communal Fibre Optics Unicable shared dish, quad GTU, 5-2 switch, XtraView.