Old 2011-04-16 , 14:49
Still listens to the wireless

Settings are :

Please complete the following steps:
1. On the DStv remote control press ‘Menu’ and scroll right to ‘Advanced Options’. Press ‘OK’.
2. ‘Dish Installation’ should be highlighted; press ‘OK’, the code that you will need to enter is 9949.
3. Leave home network one as it is on IS7.
4. Then press ‘P+’ once, which will take you to the network 1 page.
5. Scroll right on the signal set up to change ‘Disabled’ to ‘Enabled’.
6. Scroll down to ‘Use Nit’ and scroll right until ‘SMATV’ appears.
7. Scroll down to the Frequency line and key left until the numbers have cleared and then enter 11210.
8. Scroll down to ‘Symbol Rate’ and key left to clear again and enter 30000.
9. Press ‘P+’ to enter the network 2 page and repeat steps 7 to 10 but enter the frequency 11250, then press ‘P+’ to go to the network 3 page.
10. Again repeat steps 7 to 10, and enter the frequency 11290 and press ‘P+’.
11. In network 4 you will repeat steps 7 to 10, and enter the frequency 11330. Press ‘P+’.
12. In network 5 you will repeat steps 7 to 10, and enter the frequency 11370.
13. Now and only now do you press ‘Ok’ to save the changes you have made.
14. Press the ‘Ok’ button to enter the setup, and press the ‘Yellow’ button to scan all enabled networks.
15. The decoder will scan to 90% and sit there for a while before it continues. *
16. Once the decoder has finished the scan you press the ‘OK’ button to view the channels.
17. After the Decoder has rescanned, you will be able to watch DStv as normal with no further changes until Multichoice adds new transponders. *
Old 2011-04-16 , 15:35
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

Your network settings make all the difference, in summary:
Channels are on 2 polarities, horizontal & vertical
To be able to access both of these at the same time you need a dual LNB
Your complex converts horizontal channels to vertical & then you access them with those network settings

As for everyone doing that... try go have a look at all the equipment your complex has to do this & you'll see a R300 dual LNB is about 100000 times cheaper
Old 2011-04-16 , 19:32
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyboy View Post
Hi guys.. I have tried recording 184 while watching 101, and vice versa and it both works. So basically everything works as it would with a dual lnb feed.

Hence i dont understand the need for it?? People are just wasting money in getting a dual setup!

I dont know how much difference my estate network settings make to this, but why cant an individual use these same settings and save money??

My next plan us to buy the 2x4 MS and set up the 1110 decoder via xtraview.
BECAUSE: the "frequencies" you are entering as per the set up given to you by your BC are NOT geniune transponder freqencies, but LOCAL frequencies to be able to pick up the LOCAL IF channels as installed in the LOCAL system.

When MC add more transponders the BC have to ensure that their system can pick up and convert the new transponders, which MAY result extra LOCAL frequencies being given to you.

With the local setup given to you, you do not need a MS and a splitter may well be enough

The issue will be attenuation and the signal strength of the local system -- if there is sufficient power to still provide an adequate signal after splitting, it will work, otherwise, the MS route will at least compensate to some extent
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2011-04-17 at 10:01. .
Old 2011-04-17 , 09:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv G View Post
Your network settings make all the difference, in summary:
Channels are on 2 polarities, horizontal & vertical
To be able to access both of these at the same time you need a dual LNB
Your complex converts horizontal channels to vertical & then you access them with those network settings

As for everyone doing that... try go have a look at all the equipment your complex has to do this & you'll see a R300 dual LNB is about 100000 times cheaper
Well i didnt know you require expensive equipment to do this converting. I thought anyone withe these settings will be able to do the same. From my previous readings i was under the impression that only a satcr single cable will work with a complete hd pvr set up. This is clearly not the case as i've now discovered.
Old 2011-04-17 , 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
BECAUSE: the "frequencies" you are entering as per the set up given to you by your BC are NOT geniune transponder freqencies, but LOCAL frequencies to be able to pick up the LOCAL IF channels as installed in the LOCAL system.

When MC add more transponders the BC have to ensure that their system can pick up and convert the new transponders, which MAY result extra LOCAL frequencies being given to you.

With the local setup given to you, you do not need a MS and a splitter may well be enough

The issue will be attenuation and the signal strenght of the local system -- if there is sufficient power to still provide an adequate signal after splitting, it will work, otherwise. the mS route will at leats compensate to some extent
Cool, i will try a 3 way splitter before i try the MS and will keep you posted. As it stands i receive 100% quality and 98% strength on both tuners
Old 2011-05-06 , 12:22
Still gets up to change channels

I also live in an estate(Jackal Creek) managed by Smartvillage and have also followed the same instructions they they provided about the network settings.
I have 2P decoder and a single LNB spilt into 2 for the decoder and have no issues with recording, etc, only can't view the channels listed below.
I am having problems picking up certain channels like E!, Animal Planet, Crime and most recently the SS2HD channel.

Has MC added new transpoders that Smartvillage have to provide settings for?

thank you
Old 2011-05-06 , 12:36
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG_Allin View Post
I also live in an estate(Jackal Creek) managed by Smartvillage and have also followed the same instructions they they provided about the network settings.
I have 2P decoder and a single LNB spilt into 2 for the decoder and have no issues with recording, etc, only can't view the channels listed below.
I am having problems picking up certain channels like E!, Animal Planet, Crime and most recently the SS2HD channel.

thank you
Yes they have and if you supply us with the settings they have given you someone on the forum will be able to tell you what's missing ---
Old 2011-05-06 , 13:11
Technical Myriad

Default Smartvillage Installations: New Settings

Hi all out there who live in areas served by Smartvillage

The settings on their website are out of date ---- you need to contact their call centre so that thye can send you the new settings for the added networks for full service.

HD decoders need 6 networks and SD (single view decoders) need home plus 7 networks

The added settings in each case are:

Network 6 (HD) or 7 (SD)
make sure all settings except the following are the same as the other networks enabled on your decoder
frequency 11410

scan all networks,

reboot

and that's it

BTW: for 4tuner HD PVRs you need a 4-way splitter or a 4 port MS
for the 2P you only need a 2 way splitter

Last edited by Geoff D; 2011-05-06 at 17:02. .
Old 2011-05-09 , 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG_Allin View Post

thank you

Hi

I am at Jackal Creek as well. Everything works with their setting (after much research), and i also have xtraview working
make sure you have their latest settings.

Tags
hd pvr 2p, installation, satcr