Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > Anyone with Pace HDPVR + Inverto SatCR LNB ?
View Poll Results: Have you experienced this problem before with HDPVR + SatCR?
Yes. It occurs very often (every 1-3 days) 0 0%
Yes. It occurs often (once a week) 1 25.00%
No. I experienced it in the past and have fixed it permanently 0 0%
No. Its the first time I'm hearing about this 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll
Old 2010-03-06 , 16:41
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Anyone with Pace HDPVR + Inverto SatCR LNB ?

Does anyone have an Inverto SATCR(IDLP-40UNIQDL) connected to their Pace HDPVR ?

I'm experiencing "Signal not found" problems. Other forum members seem to have the same problem.

I've asked for help previously on the forum, http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=5737

Quote:
Sometimes only 1 channel works on my hdpvr. This is usually the last watched channel. When switching to another channel , it changes on the TV but not on the pvr led display (Remains on the 1 'watchable' channel). A message comes up on the screen "Signal Unavailable". My 1110 is not affected by this at all.

My setup is 3 weeks old and this only started happening last week.I dont expect the problem to be with my installation because the problem only comes up now and then.

The problem goes away over night but never the less I'm are limited to only watching one channel for an entire evening !

By doing the following multiple times in a different order, i'm able to tune to another channel but then I'm stuck with that one :
  • Reset on front panel
  • Unplug decoder and replug
  • Undo LNB input and redo
  • Rescan this (DSTV IS7) network
  • Press power button on remote multiple times

Any solutions ? Is my HDpvr faulty ? Although I might find it hard to believe, is my installation a problem ?
I thought that this was only happening to me but the other day I found this thread : http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=5981

It seems to me that there are some software issue with regards to the SatCR lnb input on the HDPVR (to add to the list of other problems !).

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
Old 2010-04-06 , 19:57
Still listens to the wireless

I have an Inverto SatCR lnb connected to a black hd pvr.

A few months ago I started getting 'no signal' only on specific channels 101,103,108,113,121,201. All the other channels including HD channels has no problems with 98% signal strength and 100% signal quality. I was using this same setup for months before this problem appeared.

I've rechecked dish alignment and skew angle- they are correct
Today I changed back to my old standard lnb and suddenly all channels worked perfectly.

Now I'm not sure if my SatCR lnb is faulty or maybe one of the DSD upgrades caused this problem( since my SatCR was working properly before)

Can someone with more technical knowledge please help
Old 2010-04-06 , 20:01
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by katvis View Post
Now I'm not sure if my SatCR lnb is faulty or maybe one of the DSD upgrades caused this problem( since my SatCR was working properly before)

I had a SatCR lnb which failed in one of the polarizations (can't remember which one) so lost specific channels as you described. I returned it under warranty to Space TV who replaced it with a new one.

If you go into the information pages for each channel you can check the polarization.

Hope this helps.
Old 2010-04-06 , 20:09
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

My problem is not specific to a particular polarisation. I have now realised that my 1110 and HDPVR are both sending power to the LNB. When I disconnect the 1110 LNB cable and rescan the HDPVR , everything works. 1110 + HDPVR connected to a SatCR LNB is approved by Multichoice in their installation guides. Could one of the technicians please check on this. I have started/replied to many threads on this issue and no positive response yet.
Old 2010-04-06 , 23:54
Still gets up to change channels

I've experienced this on a few occasions after a software upgrade and changed the Network Settings (only when using a SAT-Cr), which solved the problem as below:
Go to "Network Setup"
Change 1: Network to "other"
Change 3: LNB Mode to "Sat Cr"
Press "OK" to save
Go back to Network Setup to make sure your settings saved and rescan using the blue button.
Old 2010-04-07 , 11:37
Technical Myriad

First, make sure thta some or other small glitch in the decoder has not meant that the network settings are not being recognised.

Redo and save, rescan networks. If problem persists, then it could be a problem with the LNB or the cabling.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2010-04-07 , 11:39
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by katvis View Post
I have an Inverto SatCR lnb connected to a black hd pvr.

A few months ago I started getting 'no signal' only on specific channels 101,103,108,113,121,201. All the other channels including HD channels has no problems with 98% signal strength and 100% signal quality. I was using this same setup for months before this problem appeared.

I've rechecked dish alignment and skew angle- they are correct
Today I changed back to my old standard lnb and suddenly all channels worked perfectly.

Now the problem with this is that you have disturbed the cables and it could have simply been an issue with a connector. Only way to be sure is to again connect up the SATCR LNB and see.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Tags
hdpvr, installation, sat-cr