Forum > Decoders > Installation > DSD1131 XtraView with Explora
Old 2016-03-22 , 17:41
Still listens to the wireless

Exclamation DSD1131 XtraView with Explora

Hi
I have a client with an Explora.
She now wants to have an old DSD113 single view decoder set up as an extraview decoder.
The problem is she only has one RG6 cable and one CAT5 cable in the conduit with no possible route for another run of cable.
Please help
Thanks in advance
Atlas
Old 2016-03-22 , 18:29
Changes remote batteries hourly

Welcome to posting Atlas :-)

Tricky situation, I've got a couple of ideas to share;

1. Search the marketplace for a SATCR (unicable)-to-legacy (universal) x2 reverse converter, must exist.
If found, I wouldn't trust a SLNB's (Smart LNB) MC-type proprietary output to work with it properly, so would suggest that a standard SATCR LNB then be used.
The converter would be inside of course, then its two feeds would need to go to a 5-2 Explora Switch.

2. More possible - have the client agree to go for another unicable-supporting second decoder.
Anyway as you say the 113x series are "old" now.
Here you would need a unicable splitter connected inside, again fed from a standard SATCR LNB, I can't recall the brand name of one unicable splitter that is definitely known on the forum to work with MC products but perhaps another Forumite will and post what it is.
I don't know but perhaps the new non-PVR "HD Decoder" can accept unicable (can MC or a Forumite assist with this?), else it would have to be a legacy HD PVR, the 2 tuners aren't bulky and although there's a risk with such purchases there's also more chance of longer MC tech support. And it offers an extra PVR option.

Please let us know how this goes through to the end, very interesting thread to bookmark for others.

Last edited by Optimist; 2016-03-22 at 18:40. . Reason: Detail
Old 2016-03-22 , 19:01
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasWorks View Post
Hi
I have a client with an Explora.
She now wants to have an old DSD113 single view decoder set up as an extraview decoder.
The problem is she only has one RG6 cable and one CAT5 cable in the conduit with no possible route for another run of cable.
Please help
Thanks in advance
Atlas
Then youre only option is to get an HD Single view Decoder and use a unicable with a splitter.

G
Old 2016-03-22 , 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Then youre only option is to get an HD Single view Decoder and use a unicable with a splitter.
Can you confirm with certainty that the non-PVR HD Decoder will accept unicable?
BTW, know that you like to refer to this decoder as the "HD Single view Decoder", but all HD decoders are single view.

Not the only option, you can read my post above for further detail and about other options.

Last edited by Optimist; 2016-03-22 at 19:43. . Reason: Clarity
Old 2016-03-23 , 14:23

Here's the missing info re the main suggestions (#2);

You can use an Inverto SATCR and its associated splitter, for details and part numbers see Unicable splitter

I have just been to Hi Fi Corp. and examined the non-PVR HD Decoder, legacy (universal) LNB input only.
EDIT: This info was later determined to be incorrect, this decoder will also accept a unicable input.
To send a PM (Private Messaging) - click on "USER CP" near top left of page

Last edited by Optimist; 2016-05-24 at 19:00. .
Old 2016-03-30 , 09:02
Still listens to the wireless

Thanks for this info guys.
So just to confirm, I will need one of these from Inverto Part no: IDLB-QUDL41-UNI2L-1PP and connect it in the configuration as described in the attached diagram.
Do you think SpaceTV would be able to supply me with one of these unicable splitters?
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (25.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 2016-03-30 , 10:27

Your best bet is to phone and consult with them, they're very helpful. You could also try www.hdcabling.co.za

I probably can't assist further but will be interested to hear how this works out, all the best with it :-)
Tags
explora, extraview dsd1131, installation, one rg6 cable