Forum > Decoders > Remotes > New A7 remote - advanced features
Old 2017-02-27 , 14:02
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHlongwane View Post
I haven't see it on DSTV Direct.
My info came from the Call Centre, which I asked them to check carefully. They may be out of stock as it's a hot item.
Old 2017-02-27 , 15:23
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanP View Post
I recently got hold of a A7 remote. And I am very very impressed and happy with it its so much easier to use than the A6 even the buttons feel more stable and easier to press.
Unfortunately, no numbers. The colours just don't work in my environment.
Old 2017-03-16 , 07:15
Knows how to use a remote

Please can someone assist.

I Understand the A7 can be programmed to work with other devises. The programming manual is very vague on details how to do this. I have programmed the remote to turn my TV on and off - that is covered in the guide. The Guide also states that IR signals for AV / Vol / Mute can be learned.

There is no indication in the guide how to use these functions once they have been learned

Please can you advise if I can use the A7 remote to react with my TV (i.e. I can turn it on and of, but no idea if I can do anything else using the A7 remote on the TV)
Old 2017-03-16 , 09:09
Changes remote batteries hourly

As per my other response to you, for more detail see https://selfservice.dstv.com/devices...2/user-manuals

At this stage there's no answer yet about further usage of other equipment. I've now sent a reminder to one of the MC techies re your third query, in the A7 Macro thread, but can't assist further. I suggest keeping an eye on the threads for the next few days, but no guarantee we'll have any answers that soon.