Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2016-06-06 , 13:55
peanut peanut is offline
Still gets up to change channels
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 21
Default Google DNS server

Hi

If you are using google DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) on your LAN network, you are unable to stream DSTV now live TV. This seems to be because you cannot stream DSTV now live TV from outside the country. Can an exception be added to allow at least the google DNS servers?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2016-06-06 , 14:32
MC Marietjie's Avatar
MC Marietjie MC Marietjie is offline
MultiChoice
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Posts: 8,079
Hi there, that is correct, it will be blocked if you are trying to access it from a server outside SA. unfortunately we cannot allow this for certain servers - we have very strict agreements with content providers to ensure their content cannot be seen outside of SA. We have to ensure that this content cannot be accessed outside of SA
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2016-06-06 , 14:42
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Technical Myriad
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PTA
Posts: 16,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Hi

If you are using google DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) on your LAN network, you are unable to stream DSTV now live TV. This seems to be because you cannot stream DSTV now live TV from outside the country. Can an exception be added to allow at least the google DNS servers?

Thanks
Hi,

Could you explain the motive behind wanting to use the google public DNS servers iso your ISP DNS servers?
__________________
Easyview, UEC 4T HD PVR, SD PVR, XV
Spare decoders: SD PVR(2), PACE HD PVR 4T, DSD 660, 1110, 1131, Explora 1
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2016-06-06 , 15:13
peanut peanut is offline
Still gets up to change channels
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 21
Google's public DNS just works a lot better imo
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2016-06-06 , 16:08
wezhira wezhira is offline
Knows how to use a remote
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 108
as far as i am aware google dns servers will not change your location
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2016-06-07 , 07:07
peanut peanut is offline
Still gets up to change channels
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Hi there, that is correct, it will be blocked if you are trying to access it from a server outside SA. unfortunately we cannot allow this for certain servers - we have very strict agreements with content providers to ensure their content cannot be seen outside of SA. We have to ensure that this content cannot be accessed outside of SA
I am accessing from South Africa but using google dns, if I use a local dns server then I can stream live TV.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2016-06-08 , 12:08
hilt_ctn's Avatar
hilt_ctn hilt_ctn is offline
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Hi,

Could you explain the motive behind wanting to use the google public DNS servers iso your ISP DNS servers?
I'm with Telkom as an ISP ( makes my business claim backs easier ) and their DNS servers are terrible. Since I've switched to Verisign's free DNS service, I've never looked back. Responses are lightning quick
__________________
HD-PVR2P + HD-PVR4P in XtraView
Reply With Quote
Reply
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads  | You may not post replies  | You may not post attachments  | You may not edit your posts
BB code is On  | Smilies are On  | [IMG] code is On  | HTML code is Off
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Server busy error diehard DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) 3 2013-02-18 11:18
Server Not Responding Die Skim DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) 1 2012-03-01 11:08
Server upgrade MC Paddy-Lee DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) 1 2010-09-08 13:46
Access through a proxy server? gripen DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) 0 2010-05-27 12:30