Old 2015-12-26 , 09:39
Still listens to the wireless

Default Chromecast

Hi, need to find out if DSTV support Chromecast?
Old 2015-12-26 , 15:10
Changes remote batteries hourly

Some DStv Now options are at least Android device etc. compatible but I doubt it re Chromecast.

Best to rather post about these subjects in the DStv Now forum section as this Discussions one is for Forumites' casual chatting among themselves and isn't always visited by a Mod.
However the Mod for that section is away until Jan. 11th.

Last edited by Optimist; 2015-12-26 at 17:44. . Reason: Change of advice
Old 2015-12-26 , 15:25

@Palatzo - also suggest you ask a Mod to change your forum name, using your email address for that will invite all sorts of public trouble, especially from spammers on the prowl... you can write to MC Lindi by clicking here (but she may only see it in January).
Old 2015-12-26 , 15:56
Still gets up to change channels

Shouldn't be a problem.

Presume you have your Chromecast Dongle/gizmo plugged into a HDMI socket of one of your TV's?

Your PC/Laptop or mobile device will have to use Chrome as a browser and have Chromecast application installed. If all is okay, on PC/Laptop you will see the Chromecast tab on the far right of the Chrome top menu bar. I have the Chromecast app on my Samsung pad but as yet haven't tried it.

Open 'DSTV Now' and select the movie/series you want to watch. When it is running click the Chromecast Tab on your browser and 'Cast' the screen to your your TV.

The show is streamed at near HD quality - depending, I guess on the quality/speed of your Internet connection.
Old 2015-12-26 , 17:19

I've tried it from my Android tablet and it does not work. As soon as the cast is started, DSTV Now stops. Tried a couple of different things but could not get it to play and cast at the same time.

MC, is there any official information regarding support for Chromecast?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 2015-12-26 , 17:38

Not going to happen, I see there is some past discussion: http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=22808
Old 2015-12-26 , 18:17

Yup, I think Optimist is right.

As mentioned never tried from my tablet before but just given it a go and as far as I can see, no ways.

Short of some very clever workaround, the only way to Cast both DSTV and Showmax to a TV is from a Laptop or PC (Did read somewhere in the Forum that Showmax might upgrade to allow Casting from their App?).
Old 2015-12-26 , 18:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
...the only way to Cast both DSTV and Showmax to a TV is from a Laptop or PC (Did read somewhere in the Forum that Showmax might upgrade to allow Casting from their App?).
Nope, it seems clear from what MC Nic said in the thread I linked to that it's not at all possible, nor likely anytime soon. Don't recall that discussion re Showmax, but that's not related to DStv in any way even though it's sourced from Naspers.

The only way I know is to feed your TV with a direct cable connection that's not app involved, and unlikely to find a workable high def. method.