Old 2009-06-01 , 18:43
Still gets up to change channels

Unhappy indy

indy is advertised now on espn, i've waited all day, invited friends, and all for nothing! There were adverts too saying the indy was to be shown now. Theres baseball on but the menu shows indy. Now as I write this, the dstv menu has changed!!

It says MLB from 15:00-20:00.
This means DSTV changed the menu after 18:00.

The race did take place and was not cancelled as shown on:
http://www.indycar.com/stats/full_ra...5-31&year=2009
Old 2009-06-02 , 01:03
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

@kajee. Dude you must be so p*ssed off. Hate it when they do that.
Old 2009-06-02 , 06:57

Lightbulb

yeah especially since i called guest who dont have dstv. Anyways the menu did change as i indicated, then again it showed ESPN while MLB was on.

I randomly decided to switch to ESPN at 8:30PM and guess what? The indy is show.

But the schedule had something else, so it seems they had the timing wrong because the race was shown.

So in the end it just comes down to scheduling.
Old 2009-06-02 , 10:05
MultiChoice

It seems the MLB started late, which resulted in the schedule following being affected. They switched to indy after the MLB had finished. This was an uncommunicated change and even ESPN's website did not reflect this change. Regards, Anne-Marie
Old 2009-06-02 , 20:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC AnneMarie View Post
It seems the MLB started late, which resulted in the schedule following being affected. They switched to indy after the MLB had finished. This was an uncommunicated change and even ESPN's website did not reflect this change. Regards, Anne-Marie

Hi Anne Marie, which website of ESPN do you use to know what the DSTV in SA will be showing? I have come to believe that SA does not use the American version of the channel but the UK version.

Since the start when I had DSTV, from the year 2000 onwards, Indycar racing was always shown live on ESPN. Last year 50% of races were not shown live every Sunday and was shown delayed on Monday nights. In 2009 the races were not shown at all, and only 2 races have aired on DSTV.

The adverts on ESPN do indicate that indy will be shown for the rest of the year. But I have no idea if this is live or delayed broadcasts. Even if its delayed i wont complain as it is better than no racing at all, but I would like some indication like maybe the link to the ESPN website to get an idea of when the race will air.

Thanks so much for your reply,
Old 2009-06-03 , 09:48
MultiChoice

Our sports staff is given special access to an ESPN affiliates website tailor-made for RSA. I do not know if the public is able to access it via the ESPN website as it is a media site and is password protected. I will try and find out where you can get the information you require and will post it when I do. Regards, Anne-Marie
Old 2009-06-03 , 21:52

thank you
Old 2009-06-04 , 03:51
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

@MC AnneMarie. Please tell the powers-that-be to add ESPN2
Old 2009-06-05 , 11:21
MultiChoice

Quote:
Our sports staff is given special access to an ESPN affiliates website tailor-made for RSA. I do not know if the public is able to access it via the ESPN website as it is a media site and is password protected. I will try and find out where you can get the information you require and will post it when I do. Regards, Anne-Marie
Sorry about the delay but I was waiting to hear from ESPN. The good news is that, at the moment, they are putting together a consumer website that should be up and running within the next few months. They have also promised to send me the Indy schedules - I will post those as soon as I receive them. Regards, Anne-Marie
Old 2009-06-05 , 21:29

Thumbs up

Quote:
Sorry about the delay but I was waiting to hear from ESPN. The good news is that, at the moment, they are putting together a consumer website that should be up and running within the next few months. They have also promised to send me the Indy schedules - I will post those as soon as I receive them. Regards, Anne-Marie
sounds great, great service, thank you Anne Marie