Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > Installation > Getting E73 ("TV-Link Overload") on when using TV-Link on SD PVR
Old 2010-06-07 , 16:05
Knows how to use a remote

Default Getting E73 ("TV-Link Overload") on when using TV-Link on SD PVR

Getting E-73 Error code (Tv-link overload). Connected second tv through tv2 output and the tv link at end of the cable + short cable from link to tv. Have enabled the link on the tv installation set-up but link does not give red light. Somebody help please?

Last edited by MC Rory; 2010-06-07 at 17:18. . Reason: Title
Old 2010-06-07 , 16:09
Still gets up to change channels

You did mean you have the link on the RF-out that is going to the TV. I have had this when I get a short or have not connected a DC- blocker to the tv's that I dont have a tv link on.
Old 2010-06-08 , 08:52
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by leather View Post
You did mean you have the link on the RF-out that is going to the TV. I have had this when I get a short or have not connected a DC- blocker to the tv's that I dont have a tv link on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maik View Post
Getting E-73 Error code (Tv-link overload). Connected second tv through tv2 output and the tv link at end of the cable + short cable from link to tv. Have enabled the link on the tv installation set-up but link does not give red light. Somebody help please?

You MUST disable TVLINK on the SD PVR BEFORE you fiddle with ANY TVLINK eyes installed because the moment you disconnect such a cable this error will appear.

IF you have a SLX splitter installed, THEN EACH of the legs of the splitter must either be connected to a TVLINK eye permanantly OR a DCB must be installed on each before it is connected to a TV

If this is done the error will not appear.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2011-12-09 , 21:39
Still gets up to change channels

Guys ,I need help with this issue. A friend of mine moved from Kzn to WC,and is getting error message on SDPVR , E73 tv link overload on TV 2. Tv 1 works fine ,but Tv2 trough RF OUT ,with tv link eye at end of RF OUT coax show the error message. (no splitter). Please help.

Last edited by keyman; 2011-12-09 at 21:41. .
Old 2011-12-12 , 01:23
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman View Post
Guys ,I need help with this issue. A friend of mine moved from Kzn to WC,and is getting error message on SDPVR , E73 tv link overload on TV 2. Tv 1 works fine ,but Tv2 trough RF OUT ,with tv link eye at end of RF OUT coax show the error message. (no splitter). Please help.
He must first disable TVLINK before installing the tvlink on the end of the cable. then swtich on the decoder, and enable. If error persists it means there is a problem with the cable and/or the connectors on the cable.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15